Still not losing weight on very low carbs.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I have been low carbing for around six weeks, and only lost 10lbs and seemed to have plateaued, I am struggling to lose more.
Any advice on how to lose more would be appreciated.

Just keep going.

Have a review to ensure you're not eating more than you were when losing weight, and if not, keep going a little longer. Almost everyone has a plateau at some stage. Some sooner, some later.

Lilipod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ok, update. 21 days into very low carbing.
Been on less than 20 grams of carb a day, - sometimes less. Calorie deficit also, I'm aiming for 1100 of calories a day and miss that by 200 sometimes.
I've been doing HIIT and kettle bell on alternate days. No grain or wheat has passed my mouth. Just weighed myself after said 21 days, and NO WEIGHTLOSS.
I'm not hungry, I've been drinking loads of water. Taking my Metformin religiously and my blood sugars haven't gone down either.
I know the doctor isn't interested, and I cant change gp, we live in a tiny village. So stuck! Heres to another 21 days. When I will report back.
The low calorie would work as long as you include protein

Debs71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dieting, feeling tired, housework,
Ive lost 10lbs in a space of seven weeks is that good ? or bad. I cant seem to shift easy, does anyone have the same problem, or am i doing something wrong?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it might be a good idea to revisit, very low carb high fat basics

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KYYnEAYCGk
upload_2015-4-11_6-18-0.png

Reactions: 3 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive lost 10lbs in a space of seven weeks is that good ? or bad. I cant seem to shift easy, does anyone have the same problem, or am i doing something wrong?

Can you give us an idea of your diet & how much you hope to lose? I would say that a little over a pound a week is a healthy rate of weight loss but if you want to lose a lot I can see why you'd be frustrated.

I lost a few KGs in the first two months then plateaued for quite a while until recently it started coming off again with no change to my diet or exercise regime - just seems to be the way of things for some of us.

Debs71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Im currently on the LCHF diet, and want to lose about two more stone. I have lost 14lbs in around 8 weeks but frustrated still :rolleyes:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Im currently on the LCHF diet, and want to lose about two more stone. I have lost 14lbs in around 8 weeks but frustrated still :rolleyes:
I'm losing about 1lb a week at the moment - happy with that considering I'm only counting carbs and not calories as I know from bitter experience that low cal diets are not for me.

Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lost ten kilos very quickly but now am losing slowly, one kilo at a time. I only weigh myself every week or two, as I just can't bear to get too obsessed. However, I did start measuring my waist a few weeks ago and over a three week period when I'd lost hardly anything - a pound or two at most, I'd lost two inches off my waist, so measuring has cheered me up! And recently I realised I was standing on the bottoms of my trousers because they were laying much lower, on my hips rather than my waist, and had become too long.

I'm one of those people who just don't pay much attention to her body, as long as it doesn't hurt and nothing falls off, so it's taking me ages to learn how to notice the changes that ARE happening. I also had a hysterectomy - 18 years ago now - and it's since then that I've put on a lot of weight, and found it harder to lose it. I know doctors insist there's no medical reason for this, but most women I know share the experience!
it's the same as menopausal women, they have to cut their carbs right back, I saw someone say 10g of carb a day,,that's veg and salad..no nuts etc. and It stuck in my head because I thought the atkins 20g was hard core.
but everyone has their trigger levels of carb, where the body will lay down fat and stop burning it.

Reactions: 5 people

Debs71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I agree Daphne low cal diets are not for me either, hence the LCHF is the one for me :)

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd suggest having your Vitamin D3 levels tested.

I was on a calorie controlled diet for about 5 months before being diagnosed and plateaued after 2kgs loss - within a couple of weeks on supplemental D3, I started to lose weight. If someone living in sunny Australia can get low D3, can't imagine how common it must be in Europe.

Reactions: 2 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting reading these posts.

I have been on the lchf way of eating for about three weeks and the scales have not budged an ounce. One or two non low carb foods eaten during this time :-(

When I followed this way of eating in 2012 the weight came off effortlessly, this was when I was pre diabetic so don't know if this is why the difference.

I will keep on plodding along as at least my meter readings are on the downward trend and I will remain optimistic that my body will catch up on the weight loss!