1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Still not losing weight on very low carbs.

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by dawnmc, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Ali H

Ali H Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind losing slowly even...... lol!!

Ali

2. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Just keep going.

Have a review to ensure you're not eating more than you were when losing weight, and if not, keep going a little longer. Almost everyone has a plateau at some stage. Some sooner, some later.

3. Lilipod

Lilipod Type 2 · Member

The low calorie would work as long as you include protein

4. Lilipod

Lilipod Type 2 · Member

I usually have about 800-1200 i mix it up to shock my body and I work out also. My diet is clean and mean I think green and ingest green smoothies also

5. Debs71

Debs71 Type 2 · Member

Ive lost 10lbs in a space of seven weeks is that good ? or bad. I cant seem to shift easy, does anyone have the same problem, or am i doing something wrong?

6. jack412

jack412 Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 3
  7. poshtotty

poshtotty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. Safi

Safi Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Can you give us an idea of your diet & how much you hope to lose? I would say that a little over a pound a week is a healthy rate of weight loss but if you want to lose a lot I can see why you'd be frustrated.

I lost a few KGs in the first two months then plateaued for quite a while until recently it started coming off again with no change to my diet or exercise regime - just seems to be the way of things for some of us.

9. Debs71

Debs71 Type 2 · Member

Im currently on the LCHF diet, and want to lose about two more stone. I have lost 14lbs in around 8 weeks but frustrated still :rolleyes:

10. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I'm losing about 1lb a week at the moment - happy with that considering I'm only counting carbs and not calories as I know from bitter experience that low cal diets are not for me.

• Like Like x 4
  11. jack412

jack412 Type 2 · Expert

it's the same as menopausal women, they have to cut their carbs right back, I saw someone say 10g of carb a day,,that's veg and salad..no nuts etc. and It stuck in my head because I thought the atkins 20g was hard core.
    but everyone has their trigger levels of carb, where the body will lay down fat and stop burning it.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Debs71

Debs71 Type 2 · Member

I agree Daphne low cal diets are not for me either, hence the LCHF is the one for me :)

13. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

I'd suggest having your Vitamin D3 levels tested.

I was on a calorie controlled diet for about 5 months before being diagnosed and plateaued after 2kgs loss - within a couple of weeks on supplemental D3, I started to lose weight. If someone living in sunny Australia can get low D3, can't imagine how common it must be in Europe.

• Like Like x 2
  14. peony50

peony50 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Interesting reading these posts.

I have been on the lchf way of eating for about three weeks and the scales have not budged an ounce. One or two non low carb foods eaten during this time :-(

When I followed this way of eating in 2012 the weight came off effortlessly, this was when I was pre diabetic so don't know if this is why the difference.

I will keep on plodding along as at least my meter readings are on the downward trend and I will remain optimistic that my body will catch up on the weight loss!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook