Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
My today's menu

Home made muesli with almond milk .... Just had ..very nice

Soup cauliflour leek and Stilton .... Home made spelt flour bread ...

Frittia with salad ....

Feel like making something sweet ...I might do later ...
Try the Stracciatella Cake on the Low Carb Recipe pages - if you haven't already... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Little mic muffin with brie, avocado and ham
Same for lunch with the other half of the avocado, which kept beautifully wrapped in cling-film
Salmon fried in butter, medium, cauliflower and green beans
Stracchiatella cake with cream
Bedtime 5.9 - am fasting 6.6...
I'm going to try @SableJan's mixed nut trick tonight... Can't wait to see your fasting number today Sable... :)

Today was the same as yesterday but lunch will be poached salmon with a fennel salad and supper will be steak and veg, and I will try mixed nuts!

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Here's a new one - low-carb BLT:

4 large eggs
4 slices streaky bacon chopped, fried till crisp and drained on kitchen paper
1 iceberg lettuce
1/2 cup (4 fl oz) ranch dressing (whatever that is - I use mayonnaise)
2 chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup (?) blue cheese, crumbled - feta is nice too...
salt and pepper

Place eggs in a pan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute; put the lid on the pan and remove from the heat... 8.-10 minutes
Put under running cold water and peel when cool - dice....
Cut the iceberg into 16 wedges
Top the wedges with mayo (or ranch dressing), tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon and egg, and season with salt and pepper to taste...
Enjoy... :)

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you IncyWincy... it sounds so good... I have tomatoes coming out of the garden in kilos, so I am going to stash some of them as passata... my Sri Lankan friend tells me she freezes the big ones, takes them out and runs them under the hot water tap, the skin comes off and she chops them frozen for her curries... no mess either... :) Clever eh? What with learning about freezing mango slices and frozen grapes I think we have a wide pool of knowledge on here! :p

I had a very similar meal in Sorrento a couple of years ago - but it was flaked cod not crab.

VERY clever freezing the tomatoes! It takes me ages to peel 6 or 7 of them when I make ratatouille. I drop them into boiling water for a couple of minutes but it's very messy / fiddly.

S

Sable_Jan

My today's menu

Home made muesli with almond milk .... Just had ..very nice

Soup cauliflour leek and Stilton .... Home made spelt flour bread ...

Frittia with salad ....

Feel like making something sweet ...I might do later ...
Still stuffed from breakfast but so enjoying the thoughts of your menu Kat :p:p lickinglips

S

Sable_Jan

Thank you IncyWincy... it sounds so good... I have tomatoes coming out of the garden in kilos, so I am going to stash some of them as passata... my Sri Lankan friend tells me she freezes the big ones, takes them out and runs them under the hot water tap, the skin comes off and she chops them frozen for her curries... no mess either... :) Clever eh? What with learning about freezing mango slices and frozen grapes I think we have a wide pool of knowledge on here! :p
I always leave the skins on but that's a useful tip for those who dont. How long do uncooked tomatoes keep in the freezer? I've always cooked mine first

K

Kat100

I always leave the skins on but that's a useful tip for those who dont. How long do uncooked tomatoes keep in the freezer? I've always cooked mine first
Yes a very kind person ,,freezes the tomatoes skins on ... They last well x

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

I had a very similar meal in Sorrento a couple of years ago - but it was flaked cod not crab.

VERY clever freezing the tomatoes! It takes me ages to peel 6 or 7 of them when I make ratatouille. I drop them into boiling water for a couple of minutes but it's very messy / fiddly.
I never take the skins off ...for ratatouille .... Never thought about it .... Ummm it's sounds nice ..

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

I've heard its quicker if you push into a fork and hold over a gas flame turning til all the skin has crisped/loosened then just peel off, vaguely remember it working yonks ago....

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I wouldn't think my friend keeps them in there for long... she makes curries every day... :) I will ask her though... She's been stealing mine while I've been away, so she's had about 9 days' worth... I bet they're all gone... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I've heard its quicker if you push into a fork and hold over a gas flame turning til all the skin has crisped/loosened then just peel off, vaguely remember it working yonks ago....
I do that with peppers, never tried toms for some reason.. doh... :)

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I never take the skins off ...for ratatouille .... Never thought about it .... Ummm it's sounds nice ..

I went to Provence and expected wall to wall ratatouille but didn't see it on any menu :(

I've only ever made 1 ratatouille recipe - it is so good I don't need to experiment with others - and it said peel the tomatoes, so I did, but now I'm wondering why because I guess it doesn't really make any difference to the finished dish! :confused:

If anyone wants it I'll type the recipe up. It's from an Irish cook book: A Year At Avoca.

Reactions: 6 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
1/2 cup (4 fl oz) ranch dressing (whatever that is - I use mayonnaise)

Try ranch dressing when you get the chance, my American brother in law living in Bangkok has it, tasty alternative to Mayo, not sure on the ingredients/ good for LC though, will tell you in July :)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B tried to recreate omelette a la spencer, didn't look a patch on theirs but was tasty all the same
L 1/2 avocado on 1 slice of toasted burgen buttered with Philadelphia with runny poached egg and black pepper, finally had last bag of Mr Trotters pork scratchings, (won't buy them again)
D som tam, small cheese may have a farmers burger as still hungry, jelly for pud.

K

Kat100

I went to Provence and expected wall to wall ratatouille but didn't see it on any menu :(

I've only ever made 1 ratatouille recipe - it is so good I don't need to experiment with others - and it said peel the tomatoes, so I did, but now I'm wondering why because I guess it doesn't really make any difference to the finished dish! :confused:

If anyone wants it I'll type the recipe up. It's from an Irish cook book: A Year At Avoca.
Yes please ...any veggie ideas I welcome ...

I only make it with herbs ...sometimes a bit of garlic ... Any thoughts welcome ...thank you ..Kat

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't enjoy Trotters pork scratchings either.

Have you tried the Posh ones? Mind you, depends on whether you want to remortgage, or not.

Today has been interesting.

B: mushrooms and egg cooked in butter. Needed something added, but I couldn't work out what. Umami? Worcester? Garlic? :wacky: Not sure. May try again tomorrow.

L: crustless quiche. Eggs again. May be repercussions...

D: KFC. Dashing to puppy class. No time. Most unfortunate. Gave Mr B all my chips and peeled the crusty coating bits off my chicken pieces. But of course, that means I will be hungry again later. So will probably have berries and cream. :D

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre breakfast bg 7.5:(! Suddenly gone up in morning.
B.. 2 boiled eggs, 2 bacon. Bg post 2h 7.4.
S. Coffee n cream.
L. Veg soup, piece of chicken breast. Bg post 2h 5.3
S. Coffee n cream.
D. Poached haddock, cauli mash with butter n cream:hungry:, carrots and sweetcorn followed by jelly n cream. Bg post 2h 6.4

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I don't enjoy Trotters pork scratchings either.

Have you tried the Posh ones? Mind you, depends on whether you want to remortgage, or not.

Haha funnily enough I am currently remortgaging for a side extension, shall I up my mortgage amount!

I had the posh ones before these, just thought I'd try a few variations, if it's good enough for Beckham

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.