Status
Not open for further replies.

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Spencer67 the omelette looks AMAZING - need Wonkavision! :hungry:

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt, strawberries, kiwi fruit, chopped nuts.
Lunch: Roasted pepper hummus with crudité (cucumber, radish, spring onion, green pepper, carrot, celery).
Dinner: Sauce of garlic, chilli, lemon juice and zest, basil, cherry tomatoes and crab meat on courgette noodles.

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

I don't make mine sweet, I don't have much of a sweet tooth either, and the chocolate I use is 85% cacao so no sweetness to speak of there.. I just add the sweetener in bits and keep tasting till it tastes right - it will change with whichever one you use of course, they're all different - I use Truvia, which is Stevia... my husband loves the cake - and he has a sweet tooth... :) I think a lot of natural 'sweetness' comes from the almonds too... the Italians call it dolce and I think that's more what it is... sort of 'soft sweet'... :D We warm it in the mic for a few seconds and put cream on it... lovely...
I love that

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
@Spencer67 the omelette looks AMAZING - need Wonkavision! :hungry:

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt, strawberries, kiwi fruit, chopped nuts.
Lunch: Roasted pepper hummus with crudité (cucumber, radish, spring onion, green pepper, carrot, celery).
Dinner: Sauce of garlic, chilli, lemon juice and zest, basil, cherry tomatoes and crab meat on courgette noodles.
Your supper sounds lush.... :hungry:

Reactions: 6 people

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
It's all so interesting, isn't it? My son told me some time ago about double cooking the pasta to break down the carbs.. I haven't had the courage to test it yet, but yesterday I decided I would try it this week, but with a cream sauce, not tomato, to keep the sugar down a bit... The problem with juicing is that it is giving you all the sugar and none of the precious fibre really... I'm lucky that I never liked juice, even as a child, so when I got my NutriBullet and could mash the lot together I was very happy... :) My husband gags a bit I think when he sees my smoothies... :yuck: kale or spinach, broccoli, goat's yoghurt, milled tiger nuts (chufa), a couple of strawberries and a handful of blueberries - I slake it with pure coconut water though... I think it might be an acquired taste... :) Brunnaria likes green smoothies too though... I usually add cinnamon and turmeric too... just gets better and better, eh? :hilarious:

Yah, i had the jason vale fusion booster that pulped all the veg and fruit well but it blew up 6 months into using it, not happy, i was quite disappointment. It is much better to keep all the fiber for sure, i'm totally with you on that makes any carb content slower to release. The juices i'll be making in the future will be more veg based, carrots and apples add good flavor but increase the carb content dramatically limes and lemons are better for taking the earthy flavour of the veg away imo, so i'll have to be more careful what i choose cos the last one i did spiked me too much for comfort.

Reactions: 2 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Agree with Spencer's omelette, looks glorious!

B bacon, egg sausage & 1 livife toasted with plenty of butter
L fried vegetables with a few shiitake mushroom & chicken slices, wasn't full so pack of pork scratching
D chicken and salad, jelly

plenty of water

May gave young coconut later if hungry

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: sausage and egg cooked for me by the beloved Mr B. For some reason my sausage appetite was rather dampened :wideyed: But the dogs appreciated my feebleness.

L: ham and Brie. A new discovery as a combo. Lovely.

D: curried chicken thighs with coconut and cream, assorted greenery and strawberries to follow.

That is if all goes according to plan. We just had a food shop, so I may get seduced by something else, when I open that bursting fridge...

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
@Brunneria have you tried brie and bacon? - that's a nice combo too, especially made as a BLT wrapped into a lettuce leaf with avocado too!

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
B: Hot water with lemon. Some leftover curried veg from last night, with an egg microwaved in the middle
L: rocket, avocado, cucumber, artichoke and mackerel salad with a pesto olive oil dressing. Some stewed rhubarb with cream and cinnamon
T: Baked pesto salmon with steamed greens, leeks and carrots. Drizzle of olive oilive oil and knob of butter

Snack -a large strawberry and handful of pistachios
Drinks- lots of water

Bedtime will be a bit of dark chocolate

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please continue to use this low carb diet thread and forum as normal .
Oh yes. Love Brie and bacon!

And Brie and grapes, too...
Baked Brie with bacon is something else.

I also remember heaven on a plate thick rye mix bread sarnie, with Brie, bacon and mushroom. Then toasted, to ensure the Brie is molten. It should carry a health warning on so many levels, but primarily simply for its deliciousness!!

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypos
I've been naughty today completely! (Having a bad day)
B - McDonald's double sausage and egg mc muffin
L- no lunch
Tea - homemade pork curry with rice

Yup and now sipping sunny D

And I forgot to take my metformin.... (Newly diagnosed)

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today:

- no breakfast as I haven't been very well with a tummy bug and I was also rushing around. In the end I didn't eat till about 3:30pm but I felt fine while not eating so maybe my tummy needed that little fast.

When I did eat, it was: scrambled eggs with cheddar, mushroom, onion, spring onion, a tomato, smoked salmon. With steamed white sprouting broccoli with butter on. I hope I get that broccoli in the veg box again as it was really delicious. Sweeter and more delicate than the purple variety.

- dinner: salad with Tuna, Mayo, goats cheese, avocado, spring onion. Stole a few (about 7) of my husband's fries.

- snack of cashews and peanuts, think I was craving salt after being unwell.

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yesterday:
breakfast.....my usual 'porridge' mix with soya milk and a big spoon of cashew butter (7.2 post - it weighed slightly more than usual and I didn't put it back)
dinner: bean & bacon soup....homemade with lentils, canned tomatoes and last of broth mix 6.8 post - slightly larger than usual portion
Tea: large lightly battered fish, mushy peas and half portion of chips (7.1 post)
Snacks: mixed nuts (no cashews), sugar free jelly & banana mousse made up with soya milk
TODAY
Breakfast: usual but weighed more carefully
Dinner: celery sticks with cream cheese, last of banana mousse
Tea: Quorn and swede casserole with small portion of mash (5.3 post)
Snacks: couple of thin cinnamon biscuits, sugar free strawberry jelly with strawberry mousse made up with soya milk, mixed nuts at bedtime....let's see if the morning 4's ARE down to the bedtime nuts....
EDIT ..... Seems they may be 4.9 this morning :)

Last edited:
K

Kat100

My today's menu

Home made muesli with almond milk .... Just had ..very nice

Soup cauliflour leek and Stilton .... Home made spelt flour bread ...

Frittia with salad ....

Feel like making something sweet ...I might do later ...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Yah, i had the jason vale fusion booster that pulped all the veg and fruit well but it blew up 6 months into using it, not happy, i was quite disappointment. It is much better to keep all the fiber for sure, i'm totally with you on that makes any carb content slower to release. The juices i'll be making in the future will be more veg based, carrots and apples add good flavor but increase the carb content dramatically limes and lemons are better for taking the earthy flavour of the veg away imo, so i'll have to be more careful what i choose cos the last one i did spiked me too much for comfort.
It's a learning curve for all of us, which can be fun - keeping in mind the damage we could be doing though... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you IncyWincy... it sounds so good... I have tomatoes coming out of the garden in kilos, so I am going to stash some of them as passata... my Sri Lankan friend tells me she freezes the big ones, takes them out and runs them under the hot water tap, the skin comes off and she chops them frozen for her curries... no mess either... :) Clever eh? What with learning about freezing mango slices and frozen grapes I think we have a wide pool of knowledge on here! :p

Reactions: 3 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.