Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garet

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was 16 and lately has been dancing around 12-16 even though I take the long acting at bed time and take fast acting after or just before meals in the day. I am really worried in that I cant seem to get it down

Reactions: 11 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning.....I prefer lower 5's but hey Ho! Came home from work at a nice 5.2 pre dinner and peaked at 6.8 post dinner dozed off before a bedtime test!

Reactions: 23 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. My fasting reading this morning was 6.7 after a 5.7 bedtime reading.

Reactions: 20 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.3 no nuts to speak of last nite...that stratiacelu (almond) cake was good so I had some of that. Surprised to find myself at 6.8 around one am when dog got me up....that's abt 4 hrs after going to bed on 5.6 and an 11pm at 6.0 (all rare test times)

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 people
S

Sable_Jan

7.3 this morning. getting progressively worse as I have been stress snacking for the last few weeks on cheese, nuts and stevia chocolate. i am giving myself another couple of days to get my head in order before aggressively tackling my sugar levels again.

i am stressed because i had two transient ischemic attacks or minor strokes and scans show that my right internal carotid artery is totally blocked. ..so i suppose snacking is the least of my problems at the moment :)
Hope the docs can fix you ASAP. Take care x

Reactions: 7 people

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Good morning everyone
5·6
I have been on holiday in north wales for the last week and even though I tried to be good, my fasting bs has been up into the 7s. Just one day at home on my usual diet and I'm back in the 5s, it has made me realize how quickly my bs figures would be back into the high teens if I take my eye off the ball.

Reactions: 19 people
S

Sable_Jan

Good morning everyone
5·6
I have been on holiday in north wales for the last week and even though I tried to be good, my fasting bs has been up into the 7s. Just one day at home on my usual diet and I'm back in the 5s, it has made me realize how quickly my bs figures would be back into the high teens if I take my eye off the ball.
I guess that truly earns the name of "wakeup call" :D. Well done getting straight back on track :)

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.