Absolutely deflated with myself

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
So as I explained yesterday I was struggling to get to grips with the Insight which is no fault of the pump or Accu chek but today to I downloaded the 360 software but for some reason I just can't read it on my windows 8.1 computer it keeps coming up with some stupid messages and it can't find pimp or handset Flipping Eck!! I think tomorrow I'll just get all my charts and paperwork that I use for myself together so Lynn and the dsn's can just set it all up for me.
I can normally set up most technical things but I'm so miserable I've not been able to do this maybe I should start admitting age has something to do with it Roll on Friday

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So as I explained yesterday I was struggling to get to grips with the Insight which is no fault of the pump or Accu chek but today to I downloaded the 360 software but for some reason I just can't read it on my windows 8.1 computer it keeps coming up with some stupid messages and it can't find pimp or handset Flipping Eck!! I think tomorrow I'll just get all my charts and paperwork that I use for myself together so Lynn and the dsn's can just set it all up for me.
I can normally set up most technical things but I'm so miserable I've not been able to do this maybe I should start admitting age has something to do with it Roll on Friday

Sometimes when we're excited and want something badly, it results in over exuberance and errors. Trust me, I speak from personal, frustrating experience!!

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

I tried to the 350 cd on my windows 7 tablet and because the tablet screen wasnt big enough.....screen resolution ?.
the cd wouldnt load so after a few hours of frustration, I gave up and thought it best I carry on with my trusty pump bg diary lol grrr

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I tried to the 350 cd on my windows 7 tablet and because the tablet screen wasnt big enough.....screen resolution ?.
the cd wouldnt load so after a few hours of frustration, I gave up and thought it best I carry on with my trusty pump bg diary lol grrr
Yes the trusty pen and pad I'm a firm believer of them !!

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I was hoping that I'd be able to print and view all my charts to make slight adjustment s etc it would be nice

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i would try using a different browsers. firefox.etc. my software for medtronic pump wont work on chrome only IE. also its need the most up to date JAVA
and you need to follow the usb driver install to the letter as it wont work. PS [ hate windows 8.1
i go back to the good old days of DOS .6.2 loading systems with the boot disc that you made yourself and partitioning drive so the kids couldn't mess it all up. happy days:)

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
i would try using a different browsers. firefox.etc. my software for medtronic pump wont work on chrome only IE. also its need the most up to date JAVA
and you need to follow the usb driver install to the letter as it wont work. PS [ hate windows 8.1
i go back to the good old days of DOS .6.2 loading systems with the boot disc that you made yourself and partitioning drive so the kids couldn't mess it all up. happy days:)
Thanks caretaker , tomorrow's another day I suppose so onwards and upwards and maybe one more try I think.

lisacp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I started on the insight a week ago. I was so excited and things are going quite well over all, but on Tuesday night it all got too much I has a bg of 18 and just really felt miserable I think my husband got scared when I started crying over the badges I was trying to sew onto my son's cub jumper lol. I am really struggling with the multi wave setting, I just don't seem to be able to get it right. I don't think my dsn knows as she told me that it is just trial and error.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi lisacp, I'd be glad just to get it working, perhaps being so used to my old pump was too much to expect a smooth changeover, don't worry yourself if it's not going exactly as you'd wanted you've only been using it a week, early days, you know small steps as they say. In all the years I've been pumping I've only ever used bolus, and TBR so for you to be trying a multi-wAve I'd be pushing buttons with one hand and manual in the other. I'd love to be able to help but I'm a bit stuck myself but there's others who will be able to

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well I tried again no luck with the actual 360 program but I've managed to have a read of the USB and 360 manual, the 360 manuals ok but I still prefer books . The USB is better but I guess I'll just have a read again of the manuals it came with and wait patiently for tomorrow morning
Life can be such a B***h.....

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Life can be such a B***h.....
With your avatar, would that not be good?;)

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well you can guess who's up early on their day for their new pump! "I'm Ready"

I got the pump and consumables "Check"

I'm dressed "Check"

Oh yeah it's only 4.27am

Do you think they might be there early ?

Reactions: 8 people

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
How exciting (I'm excited for you! :))!! Please let us know how you get on with the Insight, it looks a lovely pump.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I started on the insight a week ago. I was so excited and things are going quite well over all, but on Tuesday night it all got too much I has a bg of 18 and just really felt miserable I think my husband got scared when I started crying over the badges I was trying to sew onto my son's cub jumper lol. I am really struggling with the multi wave setting, I just don't seem to be able to get it right. I don't think my dsn knows as she told me that it is just trial and error.

Why are you multiwaving?

What foods are you multiwaving for?

What period of time are you uding and how much percentage wise do you give upfront?

To be honest unless you are having pizzas and loads of takeaways etc there is no way I need to multiwave.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Why the importance on down loading to a pc?
Would you do this every night?
To me I review bloods daily- and just check my targets, SD etc once a week.
I only use 360 to make changes that aren't available on the Insight.

In fact I used their 360 no more than three times in 4.5 years of having it.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Why the importance on down loading to a pc?
Would you do this every night?
To me I review bloods daily- and just check my targets, SD etc once a week.
I only use 360 to make changes that aren't available on the Insight.

In fact I used their 360 no more than three times in 4.5 years of having it.
After getting onto insight I won't ever be looking at 360 again
Everything went well and I'm now connected, I'd been entering everything right but just not in right order but once shown I was fine. Everything I want has been entered I'm sure I'll forget something (as ye ole Grey matter ain't what it use to be)
I've kept the bolus adviser off for time being as I'm ok manually entering it, I just want to get used to everything before stepping up all the functions.
Be interesting next few days!!!

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Everything went well and I'm now connected, I'd been entering everything right but just not in right order but once shown I was fine. Everything I want has been entered I'm sure I'll forget something (as ye ole Grey matter ain't what it use to be)
I've kept the bolus adviser off for time being as I'm ok manually entering it, I just want to get used to everything before stepping up all the functions.

Brilliant news to hear you are now live and up and running with it.
Make sure every test has a logo of pre meal etc if not your targets will all come up as a general total and not by each category of bedtime, pre, after meal etc...

Will take a few days but you will be all singing and dancing by the end of next week.

Lag time is a brilliant function. For me it means I can test 15 or 30 minutes in advance whilst helping to make dinner and just delay the bolus until we eat. It means I'm not doing when sat at the table looking at my plate!!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Keep the thread updated with your progress :)

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Will do

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good luck and wishing you all the very best :)

RRB