A non diabetic question and a half

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Putting aside diabetes for a moment if you could have one wish what would it be ?

Me to be able to sing in a good operatic voice

The half a question to be able to remember the words.

Reactions: 2 people

MikeZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I want a "do-over" on my years when my kids were younger. I worked too much and drank too much beer to remember much of it. They turned out great so thats helps.

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
To relive and do differently the 20 years I wasted entirely on drink.

I contributed nothing to anything and no one and was a total waste of human being !

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
To be able to eat pies.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
To relive and do differently the 20 years I wasted entirely on drink.

I contributed nothing to anything and no one and was a total waste of human being !

I'm with you on that one kevinfitzgerald, it was 10 years for me when I was just a young man.
I'd to attend AA, every night for the first year, but that was nothing, it was worth it, just as long
as I gained sobriety.......I did, earlier this month I celebrated my (sobriety) birthday of 42 years.
That decade still haunts me to this day but, that haunting memory actually, is a positive thing.

We cannot do anything to change the foolishness we committed in the past.
Live for the present, look forward to the future, and enjoy your life as it's presented to you.

I'm certain you know all that anyway however, while admiring you for your courage and
honesty shown in your topic, I really want to thank you for the very timely reminder,

Heck, that sounds like a sermon lol.

Best wishes for you. :)

weewillie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Blondie153

I'm with you on that one kevinfitzgerald, it was 10 years for me when I was just a young man.
I'd to attend AA, every night for the first year, but that was nothing, it was worth it, just as long
as I gained sobriety.......I did, earlier this month I celebrated my (sobriety) birthday of 42 years.
That decade still haunts me to this day but, that haunting memory actually, is a positive thing.

Live for the present, look forward to the future, and enjoy your life as it's presented to you.

I'm certain you know all that anyway however, while admiring you for your courage and
honesty shown in your topic, I really want to thank you for the very timely reminder,

weewillie.

Blondie153

Congratulations to you Willie not an easy achievement, but one worth celebrating! Hope you get a good sleep tonight from a fellow insomniac.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Congratulations to you Willie not an easy achievement, but one worth celebrating! Hope you get a good sleep tonight from a fellow insomniac.
Gosh are you the same Blondie153, it's a pain isn't it, let's heavily sympathise with each other.

Meanwhile, here's a cheeky wee bunch of roses as a special thank you
for posting such a pleasant and caring reply, I truly appreciate it.

Gosh, I've just realized how hungry I am, I'll need to love you and leave you.

So morning, morning to you.

Thank you again.

willie. x

Blondie153

Gosh are you the same Blondie153, it's a pain isn't it, let's heavily sympathise with each other.

Meanwhile, here's a cheeky wee bunch of roses as a special thank you
for posting such a pleasant and caring reply, I truly appreciate it.

Gosh, I've just realized how hungry I am, I'll need to love you and leave.

So morning, morning to you.

Thank you again.

willie. x

How lovely! You've made my day! Thank you and morning morning to you
X

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)

weewillie.

Thanks Willie. I was 11 years sober in February. Life is totally different now, It's amazing incredibly.

Thanks so much for your share. I am still a good friend of Bill W and will be seeing him tonight.

I never really read my post back until now. Sounds a bit dark doesn't it Ha ha..

Anyway just for today I'm going to be happy :)

Wow 42 years thats amazing. Much admiration. I was 5 then !

Hoping you have a good one also Willie and thank you.....

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you Blondie153, it just it had to be achieved else I wouldn't be here tonight replying to you, I had no other choice so please don't think too highly of me.

It all seems a hundred years ago now.

Kind regards to you.

willie.

Thanks Willie. I was 11 years sober in February. Life is totally different now, It's amazing incredibly.

Thanks so much for your share. I am still a good friend of Bill W and will be seeing him tonight.

I never really read my post back until now. Sounds a bit dark doesn't it Ha ha..

Anyway just for today I'm going to be happy :)

Wow 42 years thats amazing. Much admiration. I was 5 then !

Hoping you have a good one also Willie and thank you.....
Yes, I was feeling heart sorry for you but, your reply is a joy to read, I feel very happy for you. and it's good to feel good about someone else.
I'll quote you...."Life is totally different now" :)

Good to know you're in Bill W's company, an amazing person.

Best wishes to you, and congrats.

willie.

@WeeWillie and @kevinfitzgerald - just wanted to say you are both amazing for turning your lives around xxxxx
Such a kind thing to say lovinglife, thank you, but as I said to Blondie153, and I'm sure kevinfitzgerald will agree, it just had to be achieved.

Have a very pleasant week-end.

And thank you again.
willie.