New Baby News

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
View attachment 13221 View attachment 13220 Meet our beautiful baby boy .

This is Lucas born at 35+6 weeks by emergency c section , he weighed 7 pounds and was born on the 18th of April at 15.20 .
Was a tricky road but we have both done it and are now both home saftley and me and his daddy are loving every minute of it , worth everything !!!

Ah Cloe he is beautiful!!! Congrats to you all xx

Reactions: 2 people

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Omg! He's gorgeous! Huge congratulations! I can't believe he's hear already. Am glad you're both doing ok, can we ask what happened?
Also, love his name. Well done Hun, hope you're doing ok. Xxx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you everyone for all your kind comments .

Yeah ofcourse lol , I'll try and keep it quick so much has happened lol .

I rang up my Dsn about the hypos I was experiencing as I couldn't keep my levels up and his movement had slowed down so went in to be monitored and got admitted that was on Wednesday , there was talk that baby would need to come out early due to what I was experiencing had to go for a scan and wait to see what happened friday I got discharged saying I was fine , so confusing but went home , still hypoing not feeling baby thought this isn't right Dsn told me it's all fine but I wasn't happy then the doctor rang me fuming saying everyone was in the wrong I shouldn't of been discharged and got re admitted , monitored baby on the ctg monitor and he wasn't reaching there requirements , plan was to be induced Monday , kept monitoring me and baby and things just didn't get any better and he still hadn't met thier requirements , that's when the doctor came round and said we need baby out and we need him now rushed down for emergency c section , and here we are .
At first Lucas was fine then his blood sugar dropped and didn't come back up so he had to go off and be monitored in special care, I finally got him back on the 22nd when we both got discharged . His doing brilliantly now and is stable and I'm doing well too.

Sorry for the ramble but it's what happened lol been a long couple of days I'm just so glad to have him home .
My partner has been there every step of the way and couldn't of got through it all with out him , and family have been so supportive .
So big shock to the system to of met him this early lol . So proud of him

xxx

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done you! Sounds like they did the right thing in the end and glad you're doing well at home now.
Enjoy the hardest adventure of life, it's fantastic! X

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done you! Sounds like they did the right thing in the end and glad you're doing well at home now.
Enjoy the hardest adventure of life, it's fantastic! X
Thank you jess , yes definitely the right decision in the end lol .
How are you and your little one doing ?

xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you everyone for all your kind comments .

Yeah ofcourse lol , I'll try and keep it quick so much has happened lol .

I rang up my Dsn about the hypos I was experiencing as I couldn't keep my levels up and his movement had slowed down so went in to be monitored and got admitted that was on Wednesday , there was talk that baby would need to come out early due to what I was experiencing had to go for a scan and wait to see what happened friday I got discharged saying I was fine , so confusing but went home , still hypoing not feeling baby thought this isn't right Dsn told me it's all fine but I wasn't happy then the doctor rang me fuming saying everyone was in the wrong I shouldn't of been discharged and got re admitted , monitored baby on the ctg monitor and he wasn't reaching there requirements , plan was to be induced Monday , kept monitoring me and baby and things just didn't get any better and he still hadn't met thier requirements , that's when the doctor came round and said we need baby out and we need him now rushed down for emergency c section , and here we are .
At first Lucas was fine then his blood sugar dropped and didn't come back up so he had to go off and be monitored in special care, I finally got him back on the 22nd when we both got discharged . His doing brilliantly now and is stable and I'm doing well too.

Sorry for the ramble but it's what happened lol been a long couple of days I'm just so glad to have him home .
My partner has been there every step of the way and couldn't of got through it all with out him , and family have been so supportive .
So big shock to the system to of met him this early lol . So proud of him

xxx

Wow, Cloe! What a stressful time that must have been! Top marks to you for persisting and knowing something wasn't quite right! I've been checking your other thread about the hypos, wondering how you were.

Lucas is so very sweet! Cute pictures! I hope you're both recovering well.

Many congratulations to you all. Lovely news to read!

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We're doing well thanks Cloe although no sign of her sleeping through the night yet, bother! She's getting so much more fun now she's sinking and giggling. Enjoy the tiny cuddles! They grow do fast and become so much more wriggly so quickly. ;) xx

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

This is Lucas born at 35+6 weeks by emergency c section , he weighed 7 pounds and was born on the 18th of April at 15.20 .
Was a tricky road but we have both done it and are now both home saftley and me and his daddy are loving every minute of it , worth everything !!!

Massive congratulations hunni!! He's absolutely gorgeous!!

Lolli24

Omg!! Hunny he is so beautiful!! Congratulations xxx

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Cloe - Arnt they sooooo worth it - ?
Give him a cuddle from me he is GORGEOUS .
Born on my parents 60th wedding anniversary too . 18/4/1955

Congratualtions Cloe :)

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Azure : yes was a crazy week and to end up with him at the end of it was even crazier lol . And Thankyou :) , were both doing really well , I'm still a bit sore due to c section , but everything is going as it should and his doing amazingly well , so proud of him x

Jess : sounds like your both doing fab which is great , and sounds like your having loads of fun too apart from the sleeping lol . Glad your both ok xxx

Anna : worth every second of the journey , to us he is just perfect , thank you so much :) x

And thank you to everyone else for your lovely comments. :dummy: x

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi cloe1992,congratulations, lucas is soooo cute,hope you are all happy and well, thanks for posting , makes me happy when i remember our three beimg born

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi cloe1992,congratulations, lucas is soooo cute,hope you are all happy and well, thanks for posting , makes me happy when i remember our three beimg born
Thank you. :)
both doing well and very very very happy hehe , awr I bet it brings back lovely memories.

Lolli24

I've had my baby girl now!! Born this morning at 36+1 via emergency c section. Weighing 6lbs 2oz! Amber Rose Littlechild. she is so beautiful But haven't had a cuddle yet as she is in special care. She needed help breathing but Is off her ventilator now and doing fantastic. They want her to start feeding tomorrow which is good. I can't wait. Anyway my birth experience was very traumatic and will post on a separate post. Many thanks for all your support and advice xxxxxxxx
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1431204425.012604.jpg

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had my baby girl now!! Born this morning at 36+1 via emergency c section. Weighing 6lbs 2oz! Amber Rose Littlechild. she is so beautiful But haven't had a cuddle yet as she is in special care. She needed help breathing but Is off her ventilator now and doing fantastic. They want her to start feeding tomorrow which is good. I can't wait. Anyway my birth experience was very traumatic and will post on a separate post. Many thanks for all your support and advice xxxxxxxx View attachment 13425

Congratulations! I feel for you. That first cuddle is so special but it won't be long!

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Aw congratulations sorry you had a bad time of it. Hope you're all okay soon. X

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Massive congratulations Lolli! She looks lovely and I love her name! Well done and I'm sorry it was tough. Thinking of you, enjoy those cuddles hopefully today! Xxx