Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning which I sort of expected as I increased my carbs to 50 yesterday: I'm experimenting to try and find a diet that will maintain my weight without losing any more. It's still in the non-diabetic range so not too unhappy :)

Reactions: 20 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I was 6.5 this morning after a 6.2 last night.

Reactions: 19 people
M

mojo37

5.3 this morning which I sort of expected as I increased my carbs to 50 yesterday: I'm experimenting to try and find a diet that will maintain my weight without losing any more. It's still in the non-diabetic range so not too unhappy :)
Sounds like the right plan :)

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.3 despite lousy sleep and kitkat chunky at bedtime.... It shouted to me from the fridge...but boy, was it sweet and where was the taste..... tbh dont know why i finished it......

Reactions: 23 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.6 this morning, just off for lunch and we have a guest dining with us
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1430642485.398653.jpg

Reactions: 23 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
6.2 mmol / L this morning.
5.9 mmol / L at bed time.

Bed time 10 to midnight and up early for a Sunday.
Experimented with eating something different at bed time.

Reactions: 17 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
5.0 again this morning after a funny night, going to bed at 11, getting up at 4 for the boxing and having a 2 hour doze at 6am..

Sons football is called off this morning so no need to try and stagger out in the wind and rain.

Reactions: 17 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning after a bedtime of 5.8
When I was once again wide awake at 4.30am, hot, heart pounding, i tested to once again prove my GP wrong about the cause being going too low.....I was 6.3, dozed off again after an hour and a half and when waking normally at 8am I was 5.7 as above- so whatever it is, it puts me slightly up but then I go back to average

Reactions: 20 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
5.7 this morning after a bedtime of 5.8
When I was once again wide awake at 4.30am, hot, heart pounding, i tested to once again prove my GP wrong about the cause being going too low.....I was 6.3, dozed off again after an hour and a half and when waking normally at 8am I was 5.7 as above- so whatever it is, it puts me slightly up but then I go back to average

Kim, I get that also. Like hot flushes but thought it was strange I have them the same time everyday. Mr Dr suggested I set an alarm a few nights for an hour before it happens and test then. I did and nothing untoward. So it seems it is just synchronised hot flushes.

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.