Beta Blockers

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Any one take these with diabetes and have any side effects? I've been put on these and aspirin for me ticker, I'd rather here personal experience rather than horror stories on the net

C

catherinecherub

I take them and have been doing so for a few years.

I did find in the beginning that I was tired all the time, that was for about 3 months. G.P. then split the dose so that rather than take the full dose in the morning I now take half the dose a.m. and the other half at bedtime.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
I have been taking them for quite a few years now, I've not experienced any major side effects.
When I started taking them I too noticed that I seemed to lack my usual energy. I think because they work by lowering your heart rate, it took a while to get used to having a slower pump. The only other thing I noticed is that my hands and feet always feel cold, but that's a small price to pay because they keep my AF under control.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am on them .. And have been for many years ..don't think I've have had a problem with them :nailbiting:
My Asprin was reduced to 150mg some time ago.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
All seems good so far I could do with slowing down a bit not to much of a problem then

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
All seems good so far I could do with slowing down a bit not to much of a problem then
Think in the early days I was a sleepyhead ..and had slowed down somewhat ..but I needed to in order for my heart to work better with me. But now I don't even notice ..lost lots of weight with the LCHF woe and got my speed and energy back !

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They made me feel VERY calm and I slept well.

On the negative side I couldn't stay awake when I was having a migraine - rather frightening :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Don't know if it's me but as the day wore on yesterday I just couldn't get to grips with myself and felt really ropey and now I feel the same again about 5-6 hrs after taking the beta blockers or maybe I'm just being paranoid and they are the only thing I can associate with this feeling I'm only on 2.5 mg relatively small amount and I double checked with the pharmacist to make sure there would be no interaction with my other meds. Does this feeling wear off after they've got into your system after a few days? Just haven't felt like this before

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One beta blocker I tried gave me a raging headache and generally knocked me out. Bis-something. Otherwise I've had no ill effects that I can see. Maybe a bit of cold hands and feet in the beginning but that seems to have gone now.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
One beta blocker I tried gave me a raging headache and generally knocked me out. Bis-something. Otherwise I've had no ill effects that I can see. Maybe a bit of cold hands and feet in the beginning but that seems to have gone now.
Yep might be one I'm on Bisoprolol Fumarate I do have a real pounder at the moment

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep might be one I'm on Bisoprolol Fumarate I do have a real pounder at the moment
gosh it was so many years ago ... I do remember a massive headache for about a week then all was fine.

Reactions: 3 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Exactly! But the fact that I had a bad reaction to them doesn't mean you'll have the same. And if you do, just try a different one.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Exactly! But the fact that I had a bad reaction to them doesn't mean you'll have the same. And if you do, just try a different one.
My thinking exactly