BETA BLOCKERS

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I can't find my original post, but today's the first day in a week of tacking beta blockers 2.5mg and aspirin I've just been totally out of sorts I can't remember the last time I felt this rough. I've been racked with all sorts of unusual aches and pains really been a weird experience all week and my type 1 has just been all over the place so I'm hoping that its now in my system and doing its job and every thing will fall into place

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My husband is on 5mg of Bisoperal a day and also Warfarin and he suffers from cold feet and hands and also gets tired. He has also developed asthma due to the beta-blockers but they've reduced his dosage as low as they can to control his heart rate which can sometimes go a high as 180 beats per minute.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Wow I hope he's feeling much better I don't really know where I've been the last week and I feel fine today although bloods are a bit low.
I'm going to have to get that right ASAP

1103andrewb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being single after losing my wife to cancer last year xxx
recently had my bisoprolol increased by a third to 7.5 mg daily. I have not been feeling too well with it. very light headed, and very sleepy all the time. Good things are my pulse rate averaging about 60 bpm. and no real issues with blood sugars.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You folks seem to be on much higher doses than myself perhaps i just had virus or something to make me feel so rough I hope things are finally sorted out with yourselves now

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
I take maximum dose of Atenolol ,100 mg per day , no effects at all but then I`ve been on Betas for a very long time , I remember the cold extremeties when I first started taking them, plus the tiredness but it soon wore off

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I take maximum dose of Atenolol ,100 mg per day , no effects at all but then I`ve been on Betas for a very long time , I remember the cold extremeties when I first started taking them, plus the tiredness but it soon wore off
Kate - I was on same dose for years then asked GP to reduce dose to 50mg and see how things progressed. BP around 120/80 for over 10 years now and feeling fine.

Reactions: 2 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Kate - I was on same dose for years then asked GP to reduce dose to 50mg and see how things progressed. BP around 120/80 for over 10 years now and feeling fine.
I do wonder sometimes , about all this stuff I take for high BP , might suggest reducing but it is very high indeed, mind you it always goes up when I walk into the surgery :( Ironically, my great aunt who died two years ago aged 104 , had BP of 190/90 for many years , so I take comfort from this :)

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Had my pre-assessment yesterday for my angiogram due on the 23rd, I was only with them an hour and a lot of this was due to the fact i had my meds all typed out neatly in groups of when taken and wat for, and Al my insulin basal rates and they were keen for me to control my pump through the procedure I'm so glad, my question is, how much of a reduction of a TBR should I give through the 30-40 minute procedure ?

I'm a bit of a sick person and asked if I could watch all what's going on ( should have been a doctor) apparantley it depends on the doc and I've got the one who's more patient friendly not saying they all aren't but you know what I mean.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sounds good I've seen an angiogram done on telly and all looked good also after yesterday they've bumped my appointment to the 17th even better just want to get checked out sooner rather than later.