Flu like symptoms. Metformin side effect?

catmazdo

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi all,

I'm on my 4th day taking metformin. Yesterday and today I have felt dreadful with flu like symptoms.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've googled to see if I can find any advice and there's conflicting stories. Some say that I should contact the doctor immediately. Some sites don't mention it at all.

Can anyone help?!

**worried**

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I would say contact your GP if your worried , I felt a bit down when I first started metformin and it only lasted a day or two ,but that was me check with the doc see what he has to say good luck JJ

Reactions: 2 people

catmazdo

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I would say contact your GP if your worried , I felt a bit down when I first started metformin and it only lasted a day or two ,but that was me check with the doc see what he has to say good luck JJ

Thanks JJ,

It may just be pure coincidence and hopefully it will pass. I also feel down, very tearful in fact. But those are the only two side effects I seem to have. Luckily no gastro problems.

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thanks JJ,

It may just be pure coincidence and hopefully it will pass. I also feel down, very tearful in fact. But those are the only two side effects I seem to have. Luckily no gastro problems.
Apart from a lot of wind neither have I , :facepalm: try not to worry to much but speak to the doc just to check . Hope you feel well soon JJ