FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Someone's trying to sell two starter packs in eBay for £450 each. Bit annoying.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've come to the conclusion that the issue I have with keeping sensors stuck down is location. My latest was half hanging off and I've had to resort to tegaderm to keep it in place for the next 8 days, but I'm certain that's down to it being on a not quite flat location.
It seemed flat when I applied it but when my arm is bent it forces the inflexible sensor off the arm. Ah well, tegaderm saves the day.

0d7dacc88ba96a2d907d66f862e8fa73.jpg

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having a really frustrating yo-yo of a day and have no idea why this is happening :-/ Sigh.

IMG_463339.jpg

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Usually happens to me with too much basal on board.
Thanks. I took my usual dose (8 units Lantus) at my usual time and haven't been more or less active than usual or eaten particularly differently. Strange. Actually, looking at my graphs I've been running pretty low for the last 2-3 days. Maybe I should reduce my Lantus tonight and see what happens. Annoying - just as I had my basal working perfectly it now decides to mess up!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I linked my Libre up with Diasend today. If I had a pump, the information overlay would be awesome. With both the CGM and the Pump data you'd have a great set of information to work from.

Whilst the Libre information pack is very good, the Diasend system seems to be more useful thanks to integration. Very interesting!

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I've ended up taking off my latest sensor 5 days early. Been causing me more stress than it's worth by telling me I'm in the 2s to 3s when finger pricks have shown me in the 5s and 6s. That kind of inaccuracy makes the whole thing pointless and there was no rhyme, reason or consistency to its reporting either. I'd like to think it wasn't because of the Compeed because until then it's probably been most accurate sensor to date, but perhaps over time the Compeed has in some way screwed it up.

On the plus side, firing through the Compeed has resulted in no irritation or rash whatsoever, in fact my skin looks the same as it did before the sensor was applied :)

Reactions: 2 people

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
@Hill28 don't agree on your last point. I've had no issues with finger pricking on the libre.
The Libre needs a lot more blood than the Contour Next or the One Touch (fact). Also the libre has given me 1 out of 2 times failures with blood readings, and dont't like finger pricking for nothing..

obates

Has anyone travelled with sensors in packaging in the plane? If yes, any issues with airport security if it was in hand luggage? If no, do you think I can take it hand luggage? Going on a long trip and need to take two with me but im a bit worried if hold luggage gets lost or if they wont let me to have them in cabin bag as its all packed and sealed....

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone travelled with sensors in packaging in the plane? If yes, any issues with airport security if it was in hand luggage? If no, do you think I can take it hand luggage? Going on a long trip and need to take two with me but im a bit worried if hold luggage gets lost or if they wont let me to have them in cabin bag as its all packed and sealed....
I've taken one in hand luggage with no problems. I'd prefer not to put anything essential in hold luggage, as you never know.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
No issues in the airplane I took from Brussels Airport last week, sensor worked fine. Also the sensor wasn't noticed by the security gate. However I didn't travel with an extra sensor, if I did I would put it in hand luggage also to avoid low temperatures affecting the sensor .

obates

No issues in the airplane I took from Brussels Airport last week, sensor worked fine. Also the sensor wasn't noticed by the security gate. However I didn't travel with an extra sensor, if I did I would put it in hand luggage also to avoid low temperatures affecting the sensor .

Oh i didnt think about the temperature... yeah i had no issues through security even when was searched and noone noticed them on me just not sure about packed ones if they would cause any suspicion due to packaging and obviously I would not want to open them out of packaging for inspection. Suppose i just take them and hope for the best lol

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
If you leave them in the closed packaging it should be allright. It is a CE certified medical device..

By the way I just started a sensor on my leg. Didn't hurt while inserting, I wonder if it will work. Also put a Compeed Medium plaster under it. Sitting, waiting, hoping now..

Update: sensor working very well and accurate on my leg! Although, you can see it a bit through trousers;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694.8 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by a moderator:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Many people are. See the freestyle Libre Facebook group.

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
So my next sensor (on my thigh) has also left a nasty red rash. Looks like, 6 sensors in, my body has decided it doesn't like the Libre and that I'll be getting these rashes every time now. First ones were absolutely fine and didn't leave so much as a small mark. Annoying. The rashes are not painful or itchy, just really red and unsightly. Not sure if I should see my GP or just keep going on? Does anyone know the latest advice? I'm on holiday now but will try the compeed/bio oil suggestion when back home. Hopefully that will help.

Doh! I've deleted my idiot statement - it pays to read through the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is there anyone with sensitive skin who has had no problems with the sensor?

obates

If you leave them in the closed packaging it should be allright. It is a CE certified medical device..

By the way I just started a sensor on my leg. Didn't hurt while inserting, I wonder if it will work. Also put a Compeed Medium plaster under it. Sitting, waiting, hoping now..

Update: sensor working very well and accurate on my leg! Although, you can see it a bit through trousers;)

I never had issues with sensors on a leg so far. Readings are quite accurate normallty. Looks like you got it half way down your leg i usually have mine quite high up so my trouser pocket is over it.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Thanks @obates I have it a bit furtger down yes. Just under the end of my pocket. But still almost grabbed it while I was searching for coins..;p

Do you use to cover the sensor? The sensor sometimes bumps in while carrying bags or other stuff. And don't know how comfortable jeans will be over it. Anyway for now its doing fine