Get my pump tomorrow...!

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
... Slightly apprehensive... And aware this may be my last tangle free nights sleep for a while... But mostly excited! It's a saline start for a week... Don't really know what to expect about how it will feel being attached to something... So much anticipation -- but only a day till I start to find out..,! Eek...! ;-)

Reactions: 5 people

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck, Artemis! I see on here that most pumpers would never willingly go back to injecting - so worth a bit of perseverance!

Reactions: 2 people

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@-Artemis- , I'm sure it will go well for you tomorrow. The Medtronic reps are great and they won't send you home until you are happy and have tried all the pump menus, battery and set insertion, reservoir filling etc. The Medtronic care line is excellent if you are worried or not quite sure about things plus there's always us lot on here :)

The only times I've got tangled are around door and drawer handles but as long as my tubing is tucked away it doesn't happen very often and I don't think I've ever got tangled up during the night in 16 years of using a pump.

Good luck with it all !

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck for tomorrow @-Artemis- and do keep this thread updated on your progress, I'm sure you'll be fine so get a good nights sleep tonight :)

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thank you!! It's like it's Christmas Day tomorrow -- with that slight nervous anticipation of what if you don't like your presents...! :D

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
... Slightly apprehensive... And aware this may be my last tangle free nights sleep for a while... But mostly excited! It's a saline start for a week... Don't really know what to expect about how it will feel being attached to something... So much anticipation -- but only a day till I start to find out..,! Eek...! ;-)

Wishing you good luck for tomorrow, and try to get some sleep tonight. Anticipation, excitement, and a little anxious too, I would think ? I will be thinking of you, take care RRB:)

Niecie

Ah I'm sure you'll be very happy! I've been on pump since Oct ( diabetic for 36year) life changing don't ever want to go bk to injecting! I went straight on insulin but confused why your starting in saline? There's lots of supplies with helping to keeping attached I'm sure they'll give you something to suit , wishing you all the best keep us informed :) x

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Wishing you good luck for tomorrow, and try to get some sleep tonight. Anticipation, excitement, and a little anxious too, I would think ? I will be thinking of you, take care RRB:)

Yes -- that's pretty encapsulates it perfectly -- spot on!

Thank you... It's so lovely to come on here and have the support of people who 'get it' -- quirkiness of excitement about technology being strapped to you 'n all!! :)

Reactions: 3 people

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Ah I'm sure you'll be very happy! I've been on pump since Oct ( diabetic for 36year) life changing don't ever want to go bk to injecting! I went straight on insulin but confused why your starting in saline? There's lots of supplies with helping to keeping attached I'm sure they'll give you something to suit , wishing you all the best keep us informed :) x

Ooo... Honestly I don't know why the saline start... I thought it was just standard procedure...? I know it is in my hospital -- maybe they had a high incidence of people ripping them out and want to be sure I won't before it goes 'live'?? :D

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Good luck. I started on saline for a week too - standard procedure here to get people used to the pump buttons and insulin delivery etc.

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Good luck for today,but I'm sure need any luck and you will cope very well.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thinking of you today,
1357736064_0.jpg

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
just adding my good luck to you --awaiting your update on how the day went
i have a pump appt for my potential new pump on the 17th july so sharing your excitement for sure

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Oh my goodness me!! My brain is completely fried but I am SO HAPPY!!!

I knew a pump would be life changing, but until she started taking about all the features and all the ways it could adapt to what you want to do, when you want to do it, I didn't realize how much!! I had to hold back from blubbing with sheer relief as she talked through it all....! Though I know there will be bouncy bits getting used to it, I'm feeling sooooo much relief...!

It's saline still at the mo; which to be honest I'm massively grateful for -- and I've got two types of sets to trial this week too, which I'm also grateful for... Then next Tuesday I go live...! In the meantime I'm going to be pushing lots of buttons and experimenting with where to wear...

Here she is...!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1433876200.493024.jpg

--- thank you all for being so lovely and supportive :) :)

Reactions: 11 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What a lovely pinky pump :) Ive started two weeks ago and I can see it works much better than injections. Be prepare for lots of testing though and some hard days at the start (mine are not over yet!). Its a big change, mentally challenging too but Im sure well worth it. Happy pumping :)

Reactions: 7 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
love the colour for you and thrilled at your happiness {{hug for happiness}}

it is a real emotive thing getting something as life changing as a pump( only D's will know )
i can't wait for mine !