One Touch Verio meter

fictionuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just recieved my new One Touch Meter and I must say that i'm very impressed with it...BUT...it is taking me on average 5 or 6 tries to get a result. On a couple of occasions it has taken at least 10 tries to get a result. I have tried many different ways of applying the blood to the strip (as per instructions) but still the same problem.

'fill strip error. Use a new strip'. Now, at this rate a box of 50 strips is going to last me a few days and at 20 quid a pop I don't think my GP is going to let me put a 'script in every 4 or 5 days.

Its a shame as I like the meter and its functions but this problem and i'm more than sure it isn't me (been testing for 25 years) thats messing it up pretty much renders the meter useless.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem ?

Back to the good old Acu-check for me. Reliable, easy to use and I DON'T have to to fiddle about getting the strips out of a small round container. Oh and it works every time.

The pic below is the result of trying to get a result. 10 attempts....

Dean
DSC_0008.jpg

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would contact Lifescan and tell them what's been happening. It could be a faulty meter, so they'll probably send out a new meter and strips.

fictionuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would contact Lifescan and tell them what's been happening. It could be a faulty meter, so they'll probably send out a new meter and strips.

Thanx for the reply, yeah that sounds like a good idea. If its taht critical with the application of blood, thats going to make it a bit troublesome.

Anyway, thanx again :)

Dean

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If i were you i would look for a new meter,this one clearly is not working out for you.

Try the Abbott Freestyle insulinx meter - I have been using it for just over a year and its very good, and allows you the chance to re-apply blood to the strip if the first attempt was no good - it gives you an extra 1 minute to reapply before giving you an error. This is super helpful if you mess up, it doesn't waste a strip.

Reactions: 2 people

Claire007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a newbie to all this so its the only meter I know! I did have a few problems, like you initially, and had several failed attempts but now I'm doing ok ( although it randomly read my blood as control solution last night)

I find holding the strip at an angle helps ( but maybe you do this for all of the monitors?) sorry not much help! For me it was a case of getting an ample sample of blood too.

fictionuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a newbie to all this so its the only meter I know! I did have a few problems, like you initially, and had several failed attempts but now I'm doing ok ( although it randomly read my blood as control solution last night)

I find holding the strip at an angle helps ( but maybe you do this for all of the monitors?) sorry not much help! For me it was a case of getting an ample sample of blood too.

Thanx the input. I contacted customer care and went through the directions from the agent but it still gave me problems with 'errors'. They did send me a new meter etc but by then I was onto using the 'Bayer Contour NEXT USB' which has been brilliant. It does pretty much as the VERIO meter and its smaller.

Anyway, thanx for the replies and imput from you, again, thanx

D

Reactions: 2 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
sounds like a faulty meter to me I also use and no problems :)

shaggy1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just binned my one touch verio(not the iq version that you have). A shame really cos I love the screen and how it's presented (clips into its case) but there seems to be a lot of people having quite a few problems with these meters. Mine was giving me higher readings(sometimes as much as 3 mmol/l more than my freestyle,aviva and conour.

I'm now back using my aviva.......my Dr will be pleased:D