Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just throw them in a freezer (plastic) bag...tweak all the air out and tie the bag ...put in freezer and take out night before I need them to defrost or throw in microwave and defrost for 20 to 30 seconds :D...they always come out as fresh as the day I froze them

Only a week to go on ND and I'm already planning breakfast lol

Reactions: 4 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am gobsmacked, the guy in lidl showed me the book he had of all the bakery lidl does and neither of us could actually see these rolls.
I am thanking god I dont absolutely love bread or I have stopped missing it and I make my own from almond flour which is great and is about just 2g per slice, although its a very small slice but it keeps me ok.

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am gobsmacked, the guy in lidl showed me the book he had of all the bakery lidl does and neither of us could actually see these rolls.
I am thanking god I dont absolutely love bread or I have stopped missing it and I make my own from almond flour which is great and is about just 2g per slice, although its a very small slice but it keeps me ok.
Is most strange as everyone seems to be finding them...it's a shame though cos even though you don't miss bread, they really are tasty and filling and handy for a picnic or sandwich for work now and then

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'll put my tin hat one before I ask this question, but, are you sure you're actually in Lidl and aren't in Aldi? I always have to think which store is which, even though there's only one of them near to me.

Just a thought.

Reactions: 3 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll put my tin hat one before I ask this question, but, are you sure you're actually in Lidl and aren't in Aldi? I always have to think which store is which, even though there's only one of them near to me.

Just a thought.
Hi Andbreathe

I am sure its Lidl, I dont have an Aldi near me. I do all my shopping from there so definitely it is Lidl. I will check which is the next one from my house.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are called High Protein rolls to give them their proper name....you could print off a pic of them...maybe you would recognize them better too from looking. They are not labelled up as anything in my store...so that could be why they don't know them when you ask. They are very distinctive in appearance...triangular shape......quite big for a roll and very dark in colour...covered in hundreds of sesame seeds tooView attachment 13650

I go to Lidl's every week but have never seen these rolls. They have the square ones with the pumpkin seeds on but not the triangular ones so it seems it is only certain stores that do them

C

catherinecherub

I think, like many of these products, they are in selected stores. Remember people had a job to get low carb bread in all branches of Waitrose.

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Long may my Llidl carry on baking these wonderful HP rolls

Reactions: 3 people

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked at these rolls last week and they do look a decent size, my only concern is they are out in the open and uncovered like all of Lidl's fresh baked products, why they can't cover them up or package them is beyond me.
That is how bread was always sold before the days of sliced and wrapped bread can't ever remember hearing anyone getting ill from uncovered bread though

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think, like many of these products, they are in selected stores. Remember people had a job to get low carb bread in all branches of Waitrose.
Quite possibly. I have emailed Lidl and pointed out that the rolls are of great benefit to diabetics and athletic people alike for their high protein/low carb content and they said in reply that they will pass the information on to their buying department in an attempt to get the rolls in to all of their stores

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is how bread was always sold before the days of sliced and wrapped bread can't ever remember hearing anyone getting ill from uncovered bread though

Its still sold the same way in independent bakers shops, the difference is they are on counters where only the staff handle the bread and not the general public, I do prefer my food covered up and kept free from contamination :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm wondering what Jim has planned for breakfast once he is done with the ND :p

I endured muesli, yog and fruit every day for 6 months, a few yrs back.
Like them all, but not every day.

The day I came home, I had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and brown toast with butter.

Heavenly.

Oh, and decent coffee. Actually stopped of en route to home from the airport to buy everything, including a decent coffee maker and the coffee grounds.

That was one celebratory brekkie!

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello to all Lidl rolls are sounding very tempting, so it will need a road trip to get to a Lidl store to try them, thank you for the information, ttfn from Karen.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello to all Lidl rolls are sounding very tempting, so it will need a road trip to get to a Lidl store to try them, thank you for the information, ttfn from Karen.
Hiya....certainly worth a road trip for them.....personally I would crawl over broken glass to get them....soooo yummy. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly is. We called in yesterday and got six. My wife and I have taken to sharing one as they are quite big.

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Every time I've been in Lidl this week they have been sold out or stopped baking them :woot:. I guess I need to get there in the morning which is hard!

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
I went to my lidl after work and they were plenty here ,