Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I did buy two rolls today so I'm going to have the other tomorrow for breakfast toasted with some egg mayo. Can't wait :)

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I did buy two rolls today so I'm going to have the other tomorrow for breakfast toasted with some egg mayo. Can't wait :)
Oooo when you toast them the seeds pop and add even more flavour to them...**wipes chin** cos I am drooling just thinking about egg mayo :hungry:

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I've done my test with these rolls.

Before I give the numbers I'll explain my day:

Tested at 08:00 at 4.6​

Had a Tesco Ultraslim shake at 10:00​

Went for a 3 mile walk at 10:30​

Went for a 2 mile walk at 15:00​

15:45 I tested at 3.6 then ate 1 roll sliced in half an toasted with generous amount of butter
Test Results:

0.5 hours 4.2
1.0 hours 4.3
1.5 hours 4.6
2.0 hours 4.8
2.5 hours 4.3
3.0 hours 3.8
3.5 hours 3.2
4.0 hours 3.8
All in all I would call that a success. Once I've finished the Newcastle Diet I reckon these will be on the menu for breakfast :)

Big thanks to @Gezzabelle for introducing these to me :)
Great result - 1 week to go to ending ND for me and I will be making a trip to Morecambe for my nearest Lidl for a supply of these, Thanks for the analysis and confirmation of others publishing their experiences. Seems the majority can tolerate them very well.

Reactions: 3 people

Nannyrosie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Lids high protein roll
Each roll weigh 127grm.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1433851327.599616.jpg

bladerfc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What shops in Scotland sell these bad boys anyone know

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are Lidl's own baked. Restricted to stores that have ovens and bake.
Are there Lidls in Scotland?

bladerfc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aye there is I'm close to one which defo has them ovens but didn't see the rolls

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aye there is I'm close to one which defo has them ovens but didn't see the rolls
They are usually in baskets in the home bake section...if you don't see them could be they sold out or might be worth asking if they do them at that store. I have emailed Lidl and told them how we need them to be available at all stores and they are passing it on to their buying department to try and make them available in all stores

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
I bought some today after reading this thread. Went in my lunch hour at gone one, and they were still warm, they must do more than one batch. Make my lunch at home to take to work the next day and soo miss taking a sandwich so will give these a go starting tomorrow. They are very big, think I'll only need half of one :p

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought some today after reading this thread. Went in my lunch hour at gone one, and they were still warm, they must do more than one batch. Make my lunch at home to take to work the next day and soo miss taking a sandwich so will give these a go starting tomorrow. They are very big, think I'll only need half of one :p
Half of one is a good way to start...and they really do fill that need for a proper sandwich....sooo filling and a proper chunk of bread...:D

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha Ha - my non-diabetic mate just texted me to say he loves these rolls and thanks for telling him about them. He is into protein at the moment for the gym work he is doing. Said he cleared out his local Lidl :)

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha Ha - my non-diabetic mate just texted me to say he loves these rolls and thanks for telling him about them. He is into protein at the moment for the gym work he is doing. Said he cleared out his local Lidl :)
Lol....I think I should be on commission ;)....they really are superb.....and I love the fact they keep me occupied for hours fishing the seeds out of my teeth...almost a snack in themselves cos they are so tasty when you crunch them :D

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to the lidl near my house and asked them if they do protein rolls they just said no, I am sure they have ovens inside as they keep bleeping all the time and I have had a naughty bite or two from warm croissant (Bliss).
How do i ask them in a way they can understand coz normally with lidl they always say what you see is available and nothing more. Customer service is not there best strength.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to the lidl near my house and asked them if they do protein rolls they just said no, I am sure they have ovens inside as they keep bleeping all the time and I have had a naughty bite or two from warm croissant (Bliss).
How do i ask them in a way they can understand coz normally with lidl they always say what you see is available and nothing more. Customer service is not there best strength.
They are called High Protein rolls to give them their proper name....you could print off a pic of them...maybe you would recognize them better too from looking. They are not labelled up as anything in my store...so that could be why they don't know them when you ask. They are very distinctive in appearance...triangular shape......quite big for a roll and very dark in colour...covered in hundreds of sesame seeds too
20140128_183433a.jpg

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They are called High Protein rolls to give them their proper name....you could print off a pic of them...maybe you would recognize them better too from looking. They are not labelled up as anything in my store...so that could be why they don't know them when you ask. They are very distinctive in appearance...triangular shape......quite big for a roll and very dark in colour...covered in hundreds of sesame seeds tooView attachment 13650
I tried looking first before even asking the guy behind the counter, he said what is here is here, I have not heard of it so I scanned the isle again and this was definitely not there :(
I will try some other lidl some day, I am sure there would be one somewhere 5 or 6 miles away and if I get them there, It would well be worth going there.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried looking first before even asking the guy behind the counter, he said what is here is here, I have not heard of it so I scanned the isle again and this was definitely not there :(
I will try some other lidl some day, I am sure there would be one somewhere 5 or 6 miles away and if I get them there, It would well be worth going there.
I have emailed Lidl and pointed out how much we need them in stores and they are going to pass it on to the buyers to get them in to more stores. They could be sold out too so worth keeping an eye open...usually in baskets in the fresh bake section....Good luck finding them.....sooo tasty and they freeze really well too

Reactions: 4 people

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
Went on a hunt for these Lidl rolls and have finally found them. Hurrah. Had half for breakfast and no adverse bg readings so far. Fried mine! Yummy with egg and bacon. Going to freeze my other 2 but preslice. One thing is it did give me slight indigestion. Just saying.

Reactions: 4 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went on a hunt for these Lidl rolls and have finally found them. Hurrah. Had half for breakfast and no adverse bg readings so far. Fried mine! Yummy with egg and bacon. Going to freeze my other 2 but preslice. One thing is it did give me slight indigestion. Just saying.
Glad you found them and didn't have a bad reaction....most seem able to tolerate them :) I started with half a one and now have a whole one without even thinking about it.....:D The indigestion could be down to the fact they are so wholesome and need a lot of chewing....I would gladly suffer indigestion to enjoy them as much as I do :D I have had them fried in butter also....with crispy bacon fried tomato and mushrooms......omg....to die for :D

Reactions: 8 people