FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks! I hope this isn't a silly question (or one you've already answered for me before...) but how do you cut the hole in the duoderm?

Not a silly question at all! I've tried a few ways now, including poking a quick-unpick through it and sawing a piece out! The best way seems to be to loosely fold the circle of duoderm in half and use a pair of small nail scissors to snip a small 'v' in the middle. Then unfold and complete the cut to remove the small piece of duoderm.

Smidge

Reactions: 2 people

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
LOL

I had the same in the beginning, but sometimes I took action too soon because of that. For example correcting an 8,4 with slightly upgoing arrow and when I took the extra insulin it turned out the 8,4 had already stabilised..:s

However any suggestions for Compeed alternatives would be very welcome since I want to place a new sensor without messing it up..Anyone?
Id like to think I was getting my money's worth haha.
Mine has been fairly accurate tbh, varies from 2 below to 2 above. Has some quite weird changes though, like earlier I hsd 5 units of insulin and 10 minutes later my levels started to rise eventhough I hadn't eaten yet.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Id like to think I was getting my money's worth haha.
Mine has been fairly accurate tbh, varies from 2 below to 2 above. Has some quite weird changes though, like earlier I hsd 5 units of insulin and 10 minutes later my levels started to rise eventhough I hadn't eaten yet.

Was it in the morning? My values always rise in the morning even without eating. Found out thanks to the Libre. More people seem to have the same issue It is called the 'dawn syndrom'.

Varies from 2 mmol below to above is about the same I have experienced with most sensors. Mostly accuracy is even within 1 mmol.

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was it in the morning? My values always rise in the morning even without eating. Found out thanks to the Libre. More people seem to have the same issue It is called the 'dawn syndrom'.

Varies from 2 mmol below to above is about the same I have experienced with most sensors. Mostly accuracy is even within 1 mmol.
It's always most accurate in the morning and worse at night. 80% it's within 0.2 of a morning.

The joys of not having to prick my fingers is magical though. Enough to warrant the price tag even with slight difference in levels.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The reports are great after 5 to 7 days

I'm sure the more data there is in there, the more interesting the reports will be, but if you can remember, how long was it before you could actually view a report? I've tried again, and don't think it's user error, but I could be wrong, obviously.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure the more data there is in there, the more interesting the reports will be, but if you can remember, how long was it before you could actually view a report? I've tried again, and don't think it's user error, but I could be wrong, obviously.
have you tried adjusting the date range for the report?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
have you tried adjusting the date range for the report?
I have, and just checked it again. It doesn't even offer to view the Reader Details report, which I thought to be significantly less influenced by date or historic periods. The options to Print and View are greyed out, so can't be selected.

I'll look again tomorrow, after the sensor has been activated for a full 24 hour period. If that's the issue, it'll just correct itself as the reports fill, I guess.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just been told by the guys I've been supplying sensors to that they received their first email last week and should be getting the second this week. They only signed up about six weeks ago so the queue is moving...

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hopefully I'll get my email soon then too! (so long as it's just after payday!)

Charlie Tudgay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just placed my order!! So excited. Does anyone have any sort of idea about how long it will take to get here?! Thank you

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have, and just checked it again. It doesn't even offer to view the Reader Details report, which I thought to be significantly less influenced by date or historic periods. The options to Print and View are greyed out, so can't be selected.

I'll look again tomorrow, after the sensor has been activated for a full 24 hour period. If that's the issue, it'll just correct itself as the reports fill, I guess.

I'm pretty sure you have to have 7 days data to see any of the fun reports...

encore1332

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not nice stuff
got my libre last Tuesday and its been a real eye opener, able to scan whenever and however often as I like. The results are within sensible limits of my jazz. Although I wont be using it continuously as I cant afford it, it will pay dividends when I go on holiday or if my levels start playing up. Took a few days for the results to really get close to my jazz tester but they weren't ever more out than if I tried a different blood glucose monitor.
lovin it

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The reports are great after 5 to 7 days
I'm pretty sure you have to have 7 days data to see any of the fun reports...

Thanks - I spoke with Abbott today and it took ages before someone told the person I was speaking to that reports aren't available for 5 days. I would have thought the "Reader Details" report would have been available at any time, but no matter. I'll just have to be parient, but my data geek side is screaming our for pretty images!

I do love your name, Misswhiplash. I won't ask what inspired it. :)

Reactions: 4 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh I am so excited for all of you who have just managed to order and are awaiting your delivery or who have just started using Libre. When you've been using it since the beginning and have had various issues, it's sometimes hard to remember how exciting it all was at the beginning. It really is a wonderful piece of technology despite the issues. Enjoy!!!

Smidge

Reactions: 4 people