Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Morning from Sunny Sarf London.

5.2 for me today.

Reactions: 26 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading this morning of 7.2 after a bedtime one of 6.6.

Reactions: 21 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
6.9 mmol / L this morning.
4.7 mmol / L at bed time.

Slept through alarm or more likely switched it off in my sleep. So, undoubtably surfing my dawn phenomenon this morning - with added stress!

Reactions: 20 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Morning everyone:)
Yesterday:
8pm - 1/4 of large Pukka chicken and gravy pie, small can of Tesco broad beans
10pm - BG 6.2
0am- BG 4.7
Today:
7.50am "fasting" BG - 6.5 :-/
Any thoughts why? I decided to have only meds, coffee with full fat milk and xylitol, no breakfast and will check at 9.50am. I feel good and no hunger at all:-o

AND:
My scale showed 119.4 kg, which is 400 gr less than yesterday:)
I therefore officially seem to have broken the ONE STONE LESS barrier:-D
Yeehaah;-)

"Pizza effect" with the Pukka Pie pastry? They make it with lard like pastry was meant to be made.

Well done on loosing your stone - if it were plural it would sound painful! Wait, what, too far? ;)

Seriously though, congratulations!

On a final note where's my eighty pence?

Reactions: 10 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 mmol / L this morning.
4.7 mmol / L at bed time.

Slept through alarm or more likely switched it off in my sleep. So, undoubtably surfing my dawn phenomenon this morning - with added stress!
Sorry to hear about the stress.... it's a ******.... hope it is goes soon...

Reactions: 13 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday at 6.15am 4..2mmol/L. Cold this morning, but beautifully sunny by lunchtime. Great walking weather. Swimming this afternoon.

Baruney from your figures,
if 6g=13.2 lbs. then 6kg = ( 13.2 x 1000 ) =1320.0 lbs.
Lots to be said for decimals. And typos are worse than celery!
Yeah Yeah yeah. Mainly post from the phone and pedicure text can some time be quite unpredictable.

Well spotted sir - you have passed your eye test but failed to convince in the promotion of the devil's vegetable.

Have a great swim. Sea is only 250 (yes 250) meters from the house but only been in a few times (voluntarily) - afraid of sharks you see.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi pasha ,i am eating 1200 cals a day in the form of 10% carb,20% protein,70% fat , breakfast: 100 g's fage greek yogurt with 100g's raspberries and fresh coffee with 2tblspns double cream, lunch:green salad ,romaine lettuce,celery,radishes,spring onions,2oz's chedder cheese.dinner: 4oz's fresh cod loin poached,6oz's of greens with butter. 8oz's of high protein shake for supper
Cor blimey. It's like watching 2 highly trained athletes doing the 109.36133 yards sprint.

No pukka pies @Pasha @Clivethedrive?

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"Pizza effect" with the Pukka Pie pastry? They make it with lard like pastry was meant to be made.

Well done on loosing your stone - if it were plural it would sound painful! Wait, what, too far? ;)

Seriously though, congratulations!

On a final note where's my eighty pence?
Yep, next is losing my marbles;-) ;-)
Eighty fence? Sorry, no understanding English...;-)

Reactions: 11 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

6.0 fasting. Back down in saga central. Didn't do Hyde park Yeasterday but 5 mile run out along the south bank and returned on the north bank. Still not alot of smiles but had a couple of eye brow acknowledgements a smile and a how you're doing so vast improvement.

In its defence there's a lot less dog poop to avoid - just the cheap sea tractors and ego's. Left that predictive text in - original input = chealsea.

Reactions: 24 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.3 this sunny morn after a pain free day yesterday ,busy day today docs again then my ct scan.

Reactions: 23 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
9.8 today ..... shakes head

Chin up @PatsyB. We all have days when our BG just won't play ball. I mean, take a look below pet!
image.jpg

Reactions: 12 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Many thanks for your fast and detailed reply. Very very impressive, great determination and will power.You have my admiration.
Your a very good example pasha,you showed it can be done,your one of the most Consistant well controlled on the forum

Reactions: 8 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Morning troops

6.0 fasting. Back down in saga central. Didn't do Hyde park Yeasterday but 5 mile run out along the south bank and returned on the north bank. Still not alot of smiles but had a couple of eye brow acknowledgements a smile and a how you're doing so vast improvement.

In its defence there's a lot less dog poop to avoid - just the cheap sea tractors and ego's. Left that predictive text in - original input = chealsea.
Try and run well away from the traffic fumes,well done

Reactions: 7 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Cor blimey. It's like watching 2 highly trained athletes doing the 109.36133 yards sprint.

No pukka pies @Pasha @Clivethedrive?
No pies just lots of lovely salad and roast meats 97% pork sausages with fried onions ,cauliflower cheese made with almond / coconut/ and gram flour,olives with cheddar cheese....need more .....

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No pies just lots of lovely salad and roast meats 97% pork sausages with fried onions ,cauliflower cheese made with almond / coconut/ and gram flour,olives with cheddar cheese....need more .....
Still to experiment on a flour substitute. Is a combination the best way forward for a roux? Not tried as yet.

Reactions: 4 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

6.0 for me today.

Should get my latest HbA1c results this afternoon. My averages suggest I should be seeing around 5.1, which I would be very pleased with - it was 5.5 last time. Just need to get through the receptionists.....

Reactions: 23 people
Status
Not open for further replies.