How can I control my levels?

Shazia555

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Eyes will be from having higher levels...

Are you on metformin?

I think u500 should be discussed. Consultants don't seem to recognise how much 80 units is to inject. Really, how would they like it?

I know how comparisons are made to others but cherish your body for being you.... Don't worry about others.

Have you had your eye screening done recently?

Don't feel useless. There are also others on more insulin. I know of one young lady that is on higher rates and thats just from a few people that I know personally...

Glad you got an appt with consultant soon...make a note of u500.. It maybe that nurses etc are not aware of it as they may well just put everybody on u100....

Catch up later...

Thank you

Yes this will be my first consultant appointment. So hopefully should come away feeling better

Yes the pain of injecting 36 units can be excruciating x

I'm trying my best to reduce insulin resistance by taking cinnamon tablets bitter melon tablets and chromium picolimate capsules as these have shown to help control levels

I am also taking metformin. Two twice a day xx

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Good, glad you're getting to first appt with consultant.

I think that considering you are trying all things naturally as well then a u500 discussion wld be relevant.

I can imagine 36 units and to be honest. Offer him an injection of saline of 36 units.. See if he would do it day in day out.... I bet the answer would be no...

Worth asking. Perhaps google it so you know about it...

Have you had your eye retinopathy check?

Shazia555

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I had it done in February. Not much changed since the last one which was a year ago x

Reactions: 2 people

Shazia555

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know why but since being on insulin I feel more ill than I have felt in 17 years being on tablets.

Before starting insulin o never had tingling in my limbs nor felt tired but now after 7 months on insulin I feel all the diabetic illnesses which scares me

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I don't know why but since being on insulin I feel more ill than I have felt in 17 years being on tablets.

Before starting insulin o never had tingling in my limbs nor felt tired but now after 7 months on insulin I feel all the diabetic illnesses which scares me
Hi shazia555, may i recommend a book that deals with this subject in depth, dr r bernsteins diabetes explained 4th edition, he's a t1 of some 50 yrs and is well versed in treating diabetics,you can get it on amazon. He explains in depth how to correct hypo's and various insulin regimes,clive

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Why did they change you from tablets to insulin?

Shazia555

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi shazia555, may i recommend a book that deals with this subject in depth, dr r bernsteins diabetes explained 4th edition, he's a t1 of some 50 yrs and is well versed in treating diabetics,you can get it on amazon. He explains in depth how to correct hypo's and various insulin regimes,clive

Hi would that be relevant to me as I've been diagnosed at t2

Thank you

Shazia555

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Why did they change you from tablets to insulin?

The tablets haven't been working for a long time and now I want to try for a baby and realising the complications they advised me to go on insulin

I preferred the tablets but my levels were always around 14-16

But now my levels are all over the place I'm thinking has the sacrifice been worth it? I know now my levels are averaging at 9 so they are better but not achieving the desired results x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Shazia

Have you ever had a GAD or CPeptide test done? This would help to confirm for definite what "type" you are.

Running at levels of 14 -16 wasn't good for you, could be why you are having a few probs now... It is difficult to understand why your health care team accepted these levels... It is going to take time for your body to adjust.

Hang in there....

Book is worthwhile.