hellloooo

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My names Abbi, I'm 18 and I've had diabetes for 15 years, I'm on 5 injections a day and would love to meet some people who are of similar age!!! I'm new to this forum stuff and don't have much idea of what I'm doing so bare with!!!

Come talk to me about anything, I'm always around!!
I have a golden retriever called magic and I'm a massive fan of the tv show casualty (although I like to keep that one quiet!!)...I'm a florist and love flowers - of course!... I also love buttons and make button bouquets!! I have a Dream to one day be able to visit Canada, in particular the Rockies - so if anyone's up for travelling........

I'm sure there's more to me to but I'd love to meet some of you guys too.... xxx

Reactions: 5 people

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi I'm Aaishah and have been type 1 for 11 years, I am now 20, how are you coping with it?
I love flowers too though I have very limited knowledge of how to care for them

Reactions: 2 people

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi aaishah , nice to talk to you.
Doing okay with it all at the moment, there's a few things I find hard but don't we all! How about you? Do you inject or have you got a pump??

Haha fresh water and out of the heats the best to keep the fresh!
What sort of things do you like to do?
Xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Welcome to the mad house, I mean forum Abbi and what a lovely post to read @Kat100 likes Casualty and Holby.
Best wishes RRB :)

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there :) my boyfriend grew up in Canada, I'm desperate to go see it!!

Ahhh where abouts did he live to? I'd love to go travel around Canada, a friends moving to Toronto next year hopefully so I'm going to use that as the perfect excuse to go out there!

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi aaishah , nice to talk to you.
Doing okay with it all at the moment, there's a few things I find hard but don't we all! How about you? Do you inject or have you got a pump??

Haha fresh water and out of the heats the best to keep the fresh!
What sort of things do you like to do?
Xx
Hi,I am on the injections and I am waiting for the pump. If I am honest I am struggling with my diabetes. I have had some issues of burnout and have found it hard to find time and motivation to keep my diabetes on track. I have body image issues relating to my diabetes but I am trying to get better to improve my health which has suffered as a result of my ignorance. It's a long but uphill road from here *fingers crossed*

becky.ford93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahhh where abouts did he live to? I'd love to go travel around Canada, a friends moving to Toronto next year hopefully so I'm going to use that as the perfect excuse to go out there!
He lived just outside Ottawa. Though I'm so corny that I'd love to see Toronto and Niagara falls too (be a proper tourist!)

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
He lived just outside Ottawa. Though I'm so corny that I'd love to see Toronto and Niagara falls too (be a proper tourist!)

Ooo nice! Haha well if your gonna do it, there's only one way to do it! I'd love to see niagra falls and well all of it! Really want to go to Banff and all the rockies, Calgary and all them places! Just looks such a lovely country!

loulou_rs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Heyhey I'm lou, 18 and t1d for 13 years. Live in England, London. I'm new to this as well. I'm here if you want a chat.

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heyhey I'm lou, 18 and t1d for 13 years. Live in England, London. I'm new to this as well. I'm here if you want a chat.

Hey Lou!

Hows you?? I'm not used to forums! my friend only just about managed to explain twitter to me !! Haha!!

xx

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,I am on the injections and I am waiting for the pump. If I am honest I am struggling with my diabetes. I have had some issues of burnout and have found it hard to find time and motivation to keep my diabetes on track. I have body image issues relating to my diabetes but I am trying to get better to improve my health which has suffered as a result of my ignorance. It's a long but uphill road from here *fingers crossed*

You know what I totally understand what your saying!! Its not easy to live with no matter what anyone says! Its not easy to keep on track or for everything to be perfect. if im truly honest with you I've never coped well with the diabetes. I hate it like we all probably do.
good for you for trying to improve your health the main thing is that you've realised your ignorance towards your diabetes. its so hard and I really do know how your feeling because it wasn't long ago that I was like you with no motivation to look after my diabetes or myself and when I did it hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought I was fine when really I wasn't and it took me a lot to try and get any control over my diabetes back!

maybe the pump will help you to keep an eye on it better, I don't use a pump - I was told my control wasn't good enough to have one!! But I know when the nurse has mentioned them that they are good for keeping control over it all!!

keep going because im sure your doing better than you think, take each day as it comes is what I say!!
always here if you want to chat xxxxx

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
You know what I totally understand what your saying!! Its not easy to live with no matter what anyone says! Its not easy to keep on track or for everything to be perfect. if im truly honest with you I've never coped well with the diabetes. I hate it like we all probably do.
good for you for trying to improve your health the main thing is that you've realised your ignorance towards your diabetes. its so hard and I really do know how your feeling because it wasn't long ago that I was like you with no motivation to look after my diabetes or myself and when I did it hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought I was fine when really I wasn't and it took me a lot to try and get any control over my diabetes back!

maybe the pump will help you to keep an eye on it better, I don't use a pump - I was told my control wasn't good enough to have one!! But I know when the nurse has mentioned them that they are good for keeping control over it all!!

keep going because im sure your doing better than you think, take each day as it comes is what I say!!
always here if you want to chat xxxxx
Thanks so much Abbi! I think we forget to put ourselves first sometimes and too much happens in life and diabetes is often sidelined. It often feels like a burden and there is never a pat on the back from the Diabetes Care Teams but more of a focus on what you are doing wrong. Of course it is worth it, we are worth it but there is so much learning and so many mistakes that many of us just give up.

I am really impatient and follow an 'all or nothing' approach, so when I try to improve and don't get immediate results, it puts me off
But like I say I am trying :)
Have you experienced any complications from diabetes? I have minor pain in my feet at night, high cholesterol, coeliac disease and currently have thyroid issues
Thanks for talking, it's making me feel better xxx:happy:

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hey everyone - @bumblebee95 have you just got tired of injections or will pump give you better control?
Well I think it is the whole 'controlling' aspect of my diabetes. Sometimes I just want a break. The doctor did say that with the pump I will still have to do most of the work so he won't be advising it this time round but that he will let me apply if I show improvement in November when I next see him

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I think it is the whole 'controlling' aspect of my diabetes. Sometimes I just want a break. The doctor did say that with the pump I will still have to do most of the work so he won't be advising it this time round but that he will let me apply if I show improvement in November when I next see him

Ah brilliant, hopefully you can get one then. I'm only diagnosed three months but personally I don't like the thought of a pump, I'd feel restricted having something attached to me...afraid of something going wrong lol.

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks so much Abbi! I think we forget to put ourselves first sometimes and too much happens in life and diabetes is often sidelined. It often feels like a burden and there is never a pat on the back from the Diabetes Care Teams but more of a focus on what you are doing wrong. Of course it is worth it, we are worth it but there is so much learning and so many mistakes that many of us just give up.

I am really impatient and follow an 'all or nothing' approach, so when I try to improve and don't get immediate results, it puts me off
But like I say I am trying :)
Have you experienced any complications from diabetes? I have minor pain in my feet at night, high cholesterol, coeliac disease and currently have thyroid issues
Thanks for talking, it's making me feel better xxx:happy:

I think diabetes especially type 1 gets so confused with type 2 that people don't see the massive difference between the 2! Your right, no one ever says well done, your doing well or your results are good or anything its just the bad points that get focused on unfortunately!!! Your right it is all worth it, although its hard if we don't do it, we wouldn't be here I to put it bluntly!!
I don't think I've got it right but you do learn from things and know to do it differently next times! There's been so many times I've messed it all up and thought right next time I'll do it another way etc!:)

im like you and get impatient when things don't happen quickly, its like why have I tried so hard and nothings changed or worked:shifty: But keep trying , eventually your begin to notice things changing!
I'e recently been told ive got high cholesterol and was prescribed the statins but not offered any alternative... how do you treat yours???if you don't mind me asking x
Ive had trouble with my eyes, which I know is from the diabetes and the sugar levels when I couldn't get them below any figures like 17 up to like 24/5 which was my own fault for not trying to see why it wouldn't come down! Touch wood at the moment I don't have anything to be to concerned about hopefully.
nice to talk to you!!! xxxxx:);)

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah brilliant, hopefully you can get one then. I'm only diagnosed three months but personally I don't like the thought of a pump, I'd feel restricted having something attached to me...afraid of something going wrong lol.

As much as I know the pumps are a wonderful creation and many people use them im like you @teacher123 and I've been diabetic 15 years!!! I don't like the thought of being restricted by it, although people claim it doesn't restrict them. I've never been restricted by my diabetes because I haven't let it, okay that might sound like I don't care, I do but I want to live my life normally and if I stop myself from doing 'normal' things then im letting the diabetes win and that's just not how I want to live. I just wouldn't like the thought of carrying it around on me. just thinking about it is enough to let alone having this thing on me that would always be there. I think it would make me feel worse about having diabetes than I already do! We all have our own ways of coping with out diabetes and you have to treat it best as you can to make sure you live your life the way you want to!! xx

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Initially I was the same but i have overcome this, although i would find it difficult to attach it all the time, whilst sleeping etc. I just want to go for it because I want better control. But it is an individual thing. But I totally reason with not wanting something attached to you all the tine