Giving out cheques to lottery winnwrs.

surely no moaners to deal with.

Reactions: 2 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The late, great Iain Banks wrote a book called "Raw Spirit" a few years back, in which he spent several months visiting malt whisky distilleries in Scotland and sampling their produce, then writing about it. He was a massive petrolhead, and made his visits in various cars from his stable, including a Porsche, a Land-Rover and various other pieces of high-class metal, giving reasons for the choice in each case. He was "paid" for it with royalties from sales of the book.

I'm not sure I can envisage a more wonderful job than that, although several of the distilleries are on the side of various scenic lochs that are accessible by boat, so a water-borne tour in a series of exotic yachts and powerboats would probably trump his motor tour. Just..... :D

Actually, apart from the fact that he died tragically young, I'd like to have been Iain Banks as a job, generally. He was witty, literate, passionate, highly successful and, ahem, an aficionado of herbal cigarettes. What's not to like? :cool:

Reactions: 10 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
To work with baby animals, to feed them and care for them, I adore animals. But my job as a self employed home help /handy person is great, out and about, especially in the countryside, I do love it, now, if there was an animal sanctuary on route, well, I think I would be just heaven :):joyful::happy:

Reactions: 11 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To work with baby animals, to feed them and care for them, I adore animals. But my job as a self employed home help /handy person is great, out and about, especially in the countryside, I do love it, now, if there was an animal sanctuary on route, well, I think I would be just heaven :):joyful::happy:
A good friend of ours has moved from job to job over the years, hating most of them and never lasting very long in any of them (though at least she always left before she got pushed :)). About 18 months ago, she started working as a home help for the elderly and she absolutely loves it. She is a lovely, lovely person and I'm sure she brings a ray of sunshine into the lives of the people she visits as well, so it's a win-win situation .

Reactions: 9 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
A good friend of ours has moved from job to job over the years, hating most of them and never lasting very long in any of them (though at least she always left before she got pushed :)). About 18 months ago, she started working as a home help for the elderly and she absolutely loves it. She is a lovely, lovely person and I'm sure she brings a ray of sunshine into the lives of the people she visits as well, so it's a win-win situation .

That's a lovely story :)

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Having worked in a factory for most of my working life.
I now work outdoors, as groundstaff, looking after grassed areas and surroundings.
I would never have believed that mowing could be so relaxing!

I would still like some of the other really nice jobs, but I'm happy in what I'm doing and it pays the bills until I can properly retire, if I ever will.
Also, it gets me out of the house!

Reactions: 11 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
I had my dream job for many years...being a Wife, Mum then Grandma and when the kids no longer depended on me so much, I had another one working with older people as a warden in sheltered housing. Such enjoyable and rewarding work in both occupations. Now, in retirement I'm back in my granny shoes, dream fulfilled

Reactions: 9 people

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
To have my own cattery.

My best friend and I have said we will get a place together in Devon and do this within 10 years. She say's when she retires. I want to do it now !

I absolutely adore cats. Truly celestial animals.

I find just being around them therapeutic and incredibly calming. Perfect for my GAD !

Sigmund Freud wrote "time spent with cats is never wasted" and that I would say for me is probably one of the truest things ever written !

I'm sure some doggy (and dodgy due to this) people may disagree ! :cat:

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
To have my own cattery.

My best friend and I have said we will get a place together in Devon and do this within 10 years. She say's when she retires. I want to do it now !

I absolutely adore cats. Truly celestial animals.

I find just being around them therapeutic and incredibly calming. Perfect for my GAD !

Sigmund Freud wrote "time spent with cats is never wasted" and that I would say for me is probably one of the truest things ever written

I'm sure some doggy (and dodgy due to this) people may disagree ! :cat:

I would be there like a shot :happy:

Reactions: 2 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would have loved to have been a photographer.
I am lucky enough to be able to do it part time but I don't think I would ever be able to do this full time as I need to have the security of a regular income. It is great to be able to capture peoples memories and a particular time in their life for them.

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I would have loved to have been a photographer.
I am lucky enough to be able to do it part time but I don't think I would ever be able to do this full time as I need to have the security of a regular income. It is great to be able to capture peoples memories and a particular time in their life for them.

Wonderful job to do, my teen has photography as one of her year 10 options.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I think I have had the best of both worlds.
I trained as a nurse in 1959,and qualified,then had children and left work for 10 years and dont regret the time with the children.we had no money but we managed.
I went back to work in residential care for the elderly as assistant manager for a charity Methodist Homes,I did a NVQ in management and became Home Manager,I loved my job up to my last year as it became office and administration,and that wasnt me at all,I retired age 68 and took a part time job with crossroads Careing for Carers,my little regret is on retirement I should have gone to work in a little cafe such as National Trust,It would have been different and I think I would have enjoyed it.
Now at 74 I enjoy retirment,dont know how I found time to work.
I think I have done my dream job.

Reactions: 6 people