Heart Beats measuring device: suggestions please

fred1234

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I have a simple finger device, as you see in hospitals and at your gps, it measures my oxygen level and my heart rate. ????

Reactions: 2 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had periods of arrhythmia, which led to heart investigations.... perindopril, which my doc tells me is good for my kidneys.... I not experienced much arrhythmia since but I would like to keep a track of my heart beats out of interest and was wondering if anyone could recommend any piece of kit.
I don't have a smart phone and pretty hopeless with apps... I have a tablet.
I don't wear a watch and would be happy to wear a wrist device for periods when I think the beats may vary, exercising..
Tagging a couple of folk who have commented on techie bits in past.
Many thanks for reading
Hj
@Baruney @dunelm
Garmin now do one or two with an optical sensor, looks just like a watch, so no need for a chest strap. I think there are a few other fitness trackers that do it as well

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not too sure how this works but thought I would paste a snap in

upload_2015-8-11_7-47-48.png

So at about 17:30 I was on my daily walk and you can see what it does for my activities... periods before and after were sitting at desk crunching DocControl.... :)

am surprised how rarely heart rate is above rest levels.... not sure why I am though...

now what I would really like to know is how to download the data files (*.tcx!!) and convert to excel....
Cheers @Baruney @dunelm @Gravity-Carb

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 14811
So at about 17:30 I was on my daily walk and you can see what it does for my activities... periods before and after were sitting at desk crunching DocControl.... :)

am surprised how rarely heart rate is above rest levels.... not sure why I am though...

now what I would really like to know is how to download the data files (*.tcx!!) and convert to excel....

or even how rarely heart rate is at rest levels..... doh!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 14811

You may need some sort of converter.
Have a decco at this: http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7607013_convert-tcx-xls.html

Heart rate changes with effort. Mine is 59 as I type this but was 130 staggering up Oxford Street this morning blowing like thomas the tank engine with too many carriages and sweating like a tourist when they first step of the plane in Nairobi Airport.

Try gradually increasing your walk pace - if you start to sweat - your heart will be getting a workout.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 14811

To download all I do is go to settings - top line furthest right. Then on left hand side of page go to Data export. 2 file options CSV or XLS. I think you can download either of them into Excel.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To download all I do is go to settings - top line furthest right. Then on left hand side of page go to Data export. 2 file options CSV or XLS. I think you can download either of them into Excel.
For some reason the HR will not download the HR data....

upload_2015-8-11_9-5-14.png

upload_2015-8-11_9-5-34.png

aarrghhhh....

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks HJ, for tagging me onto this thread.

I have subscribed to it so I can look at later, gotta find out how to tag....

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola

Are you still having tech issues?

Anything can raise your resting level. It's not a concern is it?

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to have a good look at the web site as the manual is not so useful.... still working on data downloads and file conversions.
No, HR looks okay, interesting to see how it responds to various activities!!!
I work in a two floor building, office upstairs and lab down.... and the floor counter makes me wonder as I am zipping up and down in a day... and not really accurate...
I seem to be sleeping like a log at the moment, which is good and probably true.... second day on the trot the alarm has woken me... not padding off for slash in the early morning, which I like.... see water consumption thread.
Cheers @Baruney

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Baruney slightly OT.... so my news delivering service was telling me there was some rain in Saga town, hoping you're not affected, Hj

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So getting there with the FitBit HR, using it for sleep and HR. Been going for night time slashes. Last night 01:30 woke up in a complete sweat.... off to loo and.... a long one.... thought I would check BG, 5.6, okay. Logged tracker overnight showed...

upload_2015-9-14_20-58-3.png

Spike in HR at this time.... it's not the first time it has happened....
just wondering what it might mean.