Why I don't use detox products

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
The reason is - I don't believe I need to. My liver and kidneys do all the detoxing my body needs and I don't see a need to use any product claimed to enhance that. Detoxing is a waste of money and is potentially harmful. I've seen it mentioned a few times here so I thought I would provide a link to an alternative view:
http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/the-detox-scam/

Reactions: 11 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear - you're obviously not gullible enough to benefit from all these wonder detox products...:D:D:D

It reminds me years ago of a new moisturising product that being advertised with a wonderful scientific sounding magic ingredient - my sister who'd done A level chemistry was laughing herself silly over it as it apparently just meant "large molecules"...

Robbity

Reactions: 4 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Oh dear - you're obviously not gullible enough to benefit from all these wonder detox products...:D:D:D

It reminds me years ago of a new moisturising product that being advertised with a wonderful scientific sounding magic ingredient - my sister who'd done A level chemistry was laughing herself silly over it as it apparently just meant "large molecules"...

Robbity
It's also fun to toy with people by pretending to be concerned about dihydrogen monoxide... which is water ;)