1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Why I don't use detox products

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments' started by ButtterflyLady, Sep 15, 2015.

1. ButtterflyLady

ButtterflyLady Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The reason is - I don't believe I need to. My liver and kidneys do all the detoxing my body needs and I don't see a need to use any product claimed to enhance that. Detoxing is a waste of money and is potentially harmful. I've seen it mentioned a few times here so I thought I would provide a link to an alternative view:
    http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/the-detox-scam/

• Like Like x 11
  2. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

Oh dear - you're obviously not gullible enough to benefit from all these wonder detox products...:D:D:D

It reminds me years ago of a new moisturising product that being advertised with a wonderful scientific sounding magic ingredient - my sister who'd done A level chemistry was laughing herself silly over it as it apparently just meant "large molecules"...

Robbity

• Like Like x 4
  3. ButtterflyLady

ButtterflyLady Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It's also fun to toy with people by pretending to be concerned about dihydrogen monoxide... which is water ;)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook