Close account

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone tell me how to close an account on here ... WANNA remove myself but can not see how ?!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry I'm sure I sound a bit daft but why ?

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I will miss you. All the best.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well you obviously have your reasons, I was just curious to ask why, I personally find this forum of great value, I think anything that gives you a push and supports you is a good thing. I have learnt a lot and hope I've helped too but I am in it for the long term as I hope to stay healthy till I depart this earth, I've had some really positive posts when I've struggled greatly, something that is difficult to get amongst my nearest and dearest as they just don't get it.

If you don't want to visit the site anymore then don't, I don't think its a question of unsubscribing just don't log in that's all, otherwise I am confused as to why you had to post it ? Unless you need to explain why ?

Reactions: 2 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
By the way you don't need to say sorry !! But genuinely hope your ok ;)

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Because there is no link to shut acc totally so had to ask how
All good an well not coming back
But to have all details removed
So There is no info left nor any way to log back in
Is not shown -
so hence why the need for post as attempts to find information had not been fruitful

An am sorry to say I have not found this format ( Forum) helpful - way my mind works I guess...
An as I won't be getting a D team no more Or DAFNE anymore .... But I did say about this few months ago ... And have battled to get the care I am meant to..... This was not upheld ..... So
I now don't care - and no meds for while now ether ...

Basically
Am never going to except D
Never will - an am sure many of u would say that will change

No.... No it won't ....
As not going to give it the time
Hence why I need to shut this down

I thank you all for your time and chats we had - was lovely
But if I want to get on with my life I need to be away from D full stop
An that means places - people - doctors and all the other things linked to it

Why .... Simple
I don't give a flying **** if am here or not
But I won't be around peeps who need to be up when am
Nowt but down lol
So .....
Just like a ripple in a pond I was there and then am gone ....

I won't be responding to any more posts now .... This last one took the last of my strength for the day

So -
Admin if u are reading this
Please can u tell me how or what I need to do to action this

Bye all
Good luck dealing with D
U stronger than I

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have enjoyed reading your posts, so am sorry you're taking off. Bye and be well. Wishing you well.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sorry that zapped all of your strength last night, I know it's a mental bind to try and deal with this, trust me I have also been there. I am only taking a punt that you might log in one last time. I am also not sure what support you were looking for ? I know this is all new for you and it's alot to take in, I struggled massively in my first year, been diagnosed 3 years now, at the moment I am on a even keel, highs and lows but pretty stable, it has to be for me as it affects my moods and i am fortunately grounded by my 7 year old daughter, otherwise I think I would tell this to do one too. I completely respect your honesty but I don't think closing doors is going to help you, you can't shut this one away, if you don't take your insulin you body and mind will suffer greatly and you'll let this win. If you want to win find some coping techniques that will ensure you have success, so try a completely different approach ? One of the things i've learnt is that mentally this takes all your strength, I was getting anxious with high/low control, not coping, my doctor confirmed that fluctuating blood glucose was getting me down, I went low carb to avoid this and also reduce the amount of insulin I needed to take, next I went on a meditation course, my god that helped, I suddenly felt like a huge weight lifted and I floated out of the sessions, it also gave me back my wisdom and old life and I felt more peaceful. If i get anxious then I just do a 5 min breathing exercise which calms my mind and helps me to stay focussed, or I go for a walk or bike ride, I am a much gentler person now I still swear but i'm kinder to myself and try to be kinder to others.

I don't know what help you're looking for but there is a wealth of experience on this site and trust me it's no easy ride for anyone, no one wants this, but if you need help don't be a stranger.

I am writing this as I hope you can just stay tuned and not fight everything that represents type 1, I will personally be there if you need a friend, don't let the D win, and stay well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people