Where can I sell a pump?

Laura555

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Perhaps someone here can help me, I privately funded a Disetronic Insulin Pump some years ago but couldn't get to grips with the idea of having a pump attached all the time so recently reverted to insulin injections again. I have the pump plus boxes of the cannulars and batteries and all other accessories that I would like to sell to make some of the money back I spent. Does anyone know where I could do this?

Kind regards

Telephone number removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Perhaps someone here can help me, I privately funded a Disetronic Insulin Pump some years ago but couldn't get to grips with the idea of having a pump attached all the time so recently reverted to insulin injections again. I have the pump plus boxes of the cannulars and batteries and all other accessories that I would like to sell to make some of the money back I spent. Does anyone know where I could do this?

Kind regards

Telephone number removed.
It's illegal to sell prescription only items, so unfortunately you can not sell the pump, you also carry the risk of being charged if something went wrong and the the purchaser came to harm.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
It's illegal to sell prescription only items, so unfortunately you can not sell the pump, you also carry the risk of being charged if something went wrong and the the purchaser came to harm.
I wonder if it could be donated for use in a developing country?

The cost of CPAP machines for sleep apnoea can run into the thousands and in NZ it is legal to on-sell them, but in the US it's not. Maybe the pump and associated gear could be sold overseas?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I wonder if it could be donated for use in a developing country?

The cost of CPAP machines for sleep apnoea can run into the thousands and in NZ it is legal to on-sell them, but in the US it's not. Maybe the pump and associated gear could be sold overseas?
If the pump was bought years ago no guarantee it works as out of warranty as would be the consumables.
Donation wasn't the request though it was cash for a worthless piece of medical equipment.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
If the pump was bought years ago no guarantee it works as out of warranty as would be the consumables.
Donation wasn't the request though it was cash for a worthless piece of medical equipment.
If it works, it might not be perceived as worthless by people in a developing country.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is it a D Tron pump? If so, that's been discontinued now sadly. Although it's still possible to get sets that fit it, it's likely there won't be many more batteries or adapters about for that pump, so, if it is that model, it will have a limited life.

Reactions: 2 people