Accu chek mobile every time I test different result

richard077

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Indian food lamb
Hi I used a accu chek mobile for a while and if u test surgar s straight after each other u will get different reading had two of this meters as I thought it might be a fault but had same problem

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi I used a accu chek mobile for a while and if u test surgar s straight after each other u will get different reading had two of this meters as I thought it might be a fault but had same problem
This can happen with any meter and it doesn't necessarily mean there is a fault. I just rely on one test at the time unless the result is hugely different to what I was expecting. Sometimes washing your hands first gets a more accurate result.

Last edited by a moderator:

richard077

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Indian food lamb
I read to instructions and did as it said I just think it wasnt accurate I use now bayer meter which I think is alot more accurate

Klangley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night I measured by blood and it hit a worrying 8.7. Then I remembered I hadn't washed my hands. When I did, it came out 6.8. Seems as if this washing your hands advice is pretty important.

Reactions: 2 people

tree-climber

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Percentage tolerances are specified by all manufacturers of meters & test strips for results.
Check that immediate sequential tests from the same large drop of blood are within the percentage allowed for that particular meter. If not, try new pot of test strips. No improvement..? then it's time for a call to the manufacturer - replacement of the meter.
It clearly states in the micro-print of the user guide in each strip box that no major clinical decisions must be taken from a single strip test. It follows that several will give you an average to determine your state of BG health at that particular point in time.
Carpe diem.

Angela_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
You have to give time between each blood test and if possible mainly before breakfast, Lunch, Tea and before bed.

novoguy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
smoking
Maybe get another machine, I found the contor next USB a great one to use.