1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Accu chek mobile every time I test different result

Discussion in 'Book and Product Reviews' started by richard077, Oct 12, 2015.

1. richard077

richard077 Type 1 · Member

Hi I used a accu chek mobile for a while and if u test surgar s straight after each other u will get different reading had two of this meters as I thought it might be a fault but had same problem

2. ButtterflyLady

ButtterflyLady Type 2 · Well-Known Member

This can happen with any meter and it doesn't necessarily mean there is a fault. I just rely on one test at the time unless the result is hugely different to what I was expecting. Sometimes washing your hands first gets a more accurate result.

#2 ButtterflyLady, Oct 13, 2015 at 12:22 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
  3. richard077

richard077 Type 1 · Member

I read to instructions and did as it said I just think it wasnt accurate I use now bayer meter which I think is alot more accurate

4. Klangley

Klangley Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Last night I measured by blood and it hit a worrying 8.7. Then I remembered I hadn't washed my hands. When I did, it came out 6.8. Seems as if this washing your hands advice is pretty important.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tree-climber

tree-climber Type 1 · Newbie

Percentage tolerances are specified by all manufacturers of meters & test strips for results.
    Check that immediate sequential tests from the same large drop of blood are within the percentage allowed for that particular meter. If not, try new pot of test strips. No improvement..? then it's time for a call to the manufacturer - replacement of the meter.
    It clearly states in the micro-print of the user guide in each strip box that no major clinical decisions must be taken from a single strip test. It follows that several will give you an average to determine your state of BG health at that particular point in time.
    Carpe diem.

6. Angela_T

Angela_T Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You have to give time between each blood test and if possible mainly before breakfast, Lunch, Tea and before bed.

7. novoguy

novoguy Type 1 · Active Member

Maybe get another machine, I found the contor next USB a great one to use.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook