Your day in the life....

rachel162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fantastic DP post @tim2000s, seems in line with my morning variations and given me a few more things to consider...just wish I could explain this to everyone who keeps telling me 'you just need to eat regularly and your blood sugars will be fine'...if only it was that easy!

Reactions: 4 people

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi tim2000s. You've got some output going on in your blog the last couple of weeks. It's all good thanks.
Yep the variation is a ***** on DP. Cardio first thing helps. I really notice it if I miss more than 2 days on the bike.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Mrs Vimes, my target was to average the equivalent of a post a day throughout diabetes awareness month. So far I'm on track. It's hard work though. Got a few more interesting ones lined up and if anyone has any ideas I'm always willing to listen and research!

Reactions: 2 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.20 am cgm alarming. DP kicked off early today 7.3, 1u correction. 5am up and changing pump. Flicking for Britain cos you don't want bubbles. 2 cups of coffee with double cream. Bolus for shower 0.35u.
7am bs 6.2.
Didn't go to gym this morning so cgm kicks off again. DP is a complete behatch. 1u correction at 8.20 for bs of 7.6. Test before day kicks off (teacher) and flick more bubbles out.
Break time 6.6, 0.2u
12.30 6.7, 0.25u. Coffee with cream.
3.30, 6.1
4.30, 7.1 afternoon liver dump, 1u.
Combi bolus of 4u for egg, bacon and gluten free sausage. Sugar free jelly and cream.
8.00, 7.7.
Running a +100% basal for 4hours as don't always eat that much protein in one go. Bloody lovely though.
9.00 8.6. Hopefully that's the turning point of the spike.
Throughout a full teaching day, meeting after school, 1.5 hours marking. Break taken up with kids. 15 minutes of my 35 minute dinner taken up with kids.

Evening sort out gym stuff. Personal training session 6.30 am tomorrow. Lucozade - check. 4g sugar sweets - check. Test strips for the day - check. Spare cannular in bag - check. Spare cannular in gym bag - check.
New insulin vial out of fridge.

Please don't mind me asking! How do you get on doing a full teaching-day on coffee and cream? I find with lchf, I don't get as hungry as I did with a carbs-included diet.

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi lizdeluz, we had that bloody phone call. In Wales so have had 4 weeks of prep. I find that it's easy to be distracted from food. You actually don't notice after a bit. I usually run at 20-25 units a say. I'm running at 45-50 at the mo because my liver is seeing the inspectors as a big bear chasing me at top speed. I don't want to fight those peaks an food peaks whilst teaching. Easier to get the food in at home when I can test and stuff without stressing. Looking forward to it being over, heading back the gym and reducing the insulin.

Reactions: 2 people

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Mrs Vimes, my target was to average the equivalent of a post a day throughout diabetes awareness month. So far I'm on track. It's hard work though. Got a few more interesting ones lined up and if anyone has any ideas I'm always willing to listen and research!

Enjoying the posts!