1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Your day in the life....

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by tim2000s, Nov 16, 2015.

1. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

• Like Like x 6
  2. rachel162

rachel162 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Fantastic DP post @tim2000s, seems in line with my morning variations and given me a few more things to consider...just wish I could explain this to everyone who keeps telling me 'you just need to eat regularly and your blood sugars will be fine'...if only it was that easy!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi tim2000s. You've got some output going on in your blog the last couple of weeks. It's all good thanks.
    Yep the variation is a ***** on DP. Cardio first thing helps. I really notice it if I miss more than 2 days on the bike.

4. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hi @Mrs Vimes, my target was to average the equivalent of a post a day throughout diabetes awareness month. So far I'm on track. It's hard work though. Got a few more interesting ones lined up and if anyone has any ideas I'm always willing to listen and research!

• Like Like x 2
  5. lizdeluz

lizdeluz Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Please don't mind me asking! How do you get on doing a full teaching-day on coffee and cream? I find with lchf, I don't get as hungry as I did with a carbs-included diet.

6. Mrs Vimes

Hi lizdeluz, we had that bloody phone call. In Wales so have had 4 weeks of prep. I find that it's easy to be distracted from food. You actually don't notice after a bit. I usually run at 20-25 units a say. I'm running at 45-50 at the mo because my liver is seeing the inspectors as a big bear chasing me at top speed. I don't want to fight those peaks an food peaks whilst teaching. Easier to get the food in at home when I can test and stuff without stressing. Looking forward to it being over, heading back the gym and reducing the insulin.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mrs Vimes

Enjoying the posts!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook