Where to fix the broken screen of insulin pump

frankwu

Dear all,

The screen of my insulin pump just broke and I couldn't see any numbers or letters.

But other parts of my pump are still good and could work as usual.

The type of my pump is Dana IIS

Please tell me where could I fix it?

So urgent.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
If you are in the UK then Advanced Therapeutics are the provider of this pump. Otherwise the only place to get a replacement is from where ever you got the pump from (depending on country)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You need to report it to the maker off the pump. The piston in my Roche pump broke off and Roche had a pump out to me next day. I'm in Northern Ireland they are usually very good with pump users. Hope I've helped :)

frankwu

If you are in the UK then Advanced Therapeutics are the provider of this pump. Otherwise the only place to get a replacement is from where ever you got the pump from (depending on country)
thank you but they said they do not have permission to get me a replacement.

frankwu

You need to report it to the maker off the pump. The piston in my Roche pump broke off and Roche had a pump out to me next day. I'm in Northern Ireland they are usually very good with pump users. Hope I've helped :)
Whatever thank you!

Maybe it's a little different in UK because the only sole trader for supplies I know could not help me with the repair.
They said I need to contact the SOOIL.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Ask your diabetes clinic if they can loan you a pump until you get a replacement, if you've insured your pump on your household insurance you should be able to claim on that (depending on the circumstances of the breakage).

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well did you break the pump accidently, if so then it's down to you to replace the pump at your own cost or via the ins you should have taken out for the pump. If it has just cracked then it should be replaced, talk to your hospital team. This is if you are in the UK though.
Suspect you are not so what country are you in and how old is the pump?

You need to give more detail as to how and where you got the pump from and who pays for the supplies for it.

Reactions: 2 people

frankwu

Well did you break the pump accidently, if so then it's down to you to replace the pump at your own cost or via the ins you should have taken out for the pump. If it has just cracked then it should be replaced, talk to your hospital team. This is if you are in the UK though.
Suspect you are not so what country are you in and how old is the pump?

You need to give more detail as to how and where you got the pump from and who pays for the supplies for it.
I'm in UK but I bought it from China, and I think It's down to me.But I just want to fix it in UK and any payment is acceptable.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm in UK but I bought it from China, and I think It's down to me.But I just want to fix it in UK and any payment is acceptable.
The pump can not be fixed in the UK it would have to go back to Sool unless the warranty can be honoured in the UK. email advanced therapeutics and ask how to go about fixing and paying for it through them. I would suspect though s new pump would have to be purchased.
Are you under a clinic in the UK? If you are then hopefully they will provide a new pump for you if you are also resident in the UK.