• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by becca59

  1. becca59

    Choose a monitor

    Crikey! Still using my original from twelve years ago. A One Touch Verio. Definitely contact the manufacturer.
  2. becca59

    Type 1'stars R Us

    @Marie 2 I wonder if your body had adjusted its behaviour during your incapacity and now needs a kick start. It is so frustrating when reactions change and there is a whole new adjustment needed.
  3. becca59

    Type 1'stars R Us

    @marie [emoji638] So frustrating for you. And @Tony[emoji639][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji639]] I’m with you on being impatient. I am on Fiasp which is meant to be quick. It isn’t before about three in the afternoon. After it performs as it should. Proving your...
  4. becca59

    DVLA Rant incoming

    The driving license debacle rumbles on. When I first applied, it took for ever to receive my new one. They kept asking for extra information which I had already given them. Medical approval was granted. Eventually a license arrived, with my original youthful photo on. New three year date and...
  5. becca59

    Verruca

    Interesting! Going to give this a try.
  6. becca59

    Type 1'stars R Us

    Back from a Monday to Friday break in Berwick. Fabulously relaxed! Didn’t stint on enjoyable food (all cooked in caravan but based around a ready meal with lots of veg) alcohol and treats, ninety eight percent in range. Home and back to real life and stress, cannot stay below ten. Which rather...
  7. becca59

    Verruca

    Yet both my consultant and the chemist said I would be ok. Suppose it depends on the general health of your feet. Used it under my foot some years ago with success. However, I have one on the end of my toe at the moment and found it too sensitive. So have decided to cover and let it grow out...
  8. becca59

    Type 1'stars R Us

    Especially for @SueJB Lindisfarne tantalisingly just behind the caravan. View from our van.
  9. becca59

    Type 1'stars R Us

    Off to Berwick @SueJB and can see Lindisfarne from two of the walks, weather permitting, we shall do.
  10. becca59

    Type 1'stars R Us

    I sympathise @SueJB I have struggled this last year. My problems have been high sugars very slow to fall. I’m trying not to worry about it as my TIR is still above Seventy, but the HbA1c has been creeping up. And for the first time in fourteen years some weight has crept on. To be fair I know...
  11. becca59

    Faulty Libre 2 Plus sensors?

    @Duchess4eva you should be contacting Abbott for each failure and they will send out a new one. My pharmacist would definitely not get involved in replacements.
  12. becca59

    CGM developments…

    Yes, America have already given the ok for the Libre Duo.
  13. becca59

    Insulin to carb ratio

    It is recommended as a Type one that you have access to a hospital team. Even if it is just being able to contact a DN who is working with diabetics all the time. Not one in a Gp surgery who sees all different types of patients. That is how I get anything altered. I ring or email and leave a...
  14. becca59

    Insulin to carb ratio

    Have you thought of trying Fiasp or Lyumjev?
  15. becca59

    Hi am David Woodford.

    Welcome @David Woodford a fellow Grimbarian here. Though moved thirty nine years ago, return regularly.
Back
Top