• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by EllieM

  1. EllieM

    Faulty Humulin Kwik Pens

    Just a thought, but are you storing the current pen that you are using in the fridge? My understanding is that they need to be kept at room temperature once opened...
  2. EllieM

    Choose a monitor

    I would definitely contact the seller and/or manufacturer and complain. I have a caresens duo which dies after a couple of years and the manufacturer just replaces it. (They even give me new batteries too but that may be a new zealand thing because it's one of the only two monitors supplied on...
  3. EllieM

    Every CGM fails

    I put the barrier cream on immediately before I apply the sensor. I can't remember whether the sensors just became inaccurate or also stopped reading altogether, as it was a long time ago, and also with the original libre sensor. You may find this article by dexcom useful...
  4. EllieM

    Every CGM fails

    I had that problem with the original libre. After I became allergic to it it became completely inaccurate and I had to switch to dexcom. I use cavilon cream with the dexcom so I have managed to avoid more than a very mild occasional rash. As regards skin allergies, I would definitely recommend...
  5. EllieM

    Season change, insulin needs change

    Mine has several different user defined basal/bolus settings eg start,hi10,hi20,hi30. I'm on hi20 at the moment, should gradually move down to "start" as summer approaches. Am guessing if you are on a more fully closed loop you just have to wait for your pump to catch up?
  6. EllieM

    Every CGM fails

    I used to find that dexcom would under read for the first 24 hours (it's been much better recently for some unknown reason) but you can calibrate it if it's still off after 24 hours.... Having said that if it's reading as far off as you describe above, I'm not sure that calibration will be...
  7. EllieM

    I need to rant.

    Sending you virtual hugs. Can the GP not do anything, or refer you to someone, to help with this? What closed loop system are you using? (edited to make csl closed loop)
  8. EllieM

    Is a treat just a treat or a dreaded paradox?

    I'm T1 and not T2 so maybe I shouldn't comment, but if by a treat you mean a delicious something, why does it have to be high carb? I can treat myself with low carb yummies (eg a delicious salad or cheese), keto sweet stuff (eg yoghurt , frozen berries and artificial sweetener (you don't need...
  9. EllieM

    Found out I am most likely diabetic in a very bad way

    Hi @LeeLeeCat and welcome to the forums. While some of your symptoms can be associated with (usually decades) of poorly controlled diabetes some aren't, and they are symptoms that can be associated with many other things as well. Like the others, I strongly urge you to make an appointment with...
  10. EllieM

    Closed loop medication nightmare

    Hi @Darren Gardner and welcome to the DCUK forums. Can I ask which pump and closed loop system you are using?
  11. EllieM

    CGM developments…

    Thanks for posting this @Jaylee , really interesting. I'm not normally a fan of videos but this one was fascinating.
  12. EllieM

    To everyone who was diagnosed at a time they could understand stuff…

    Not sure whether to give your post a winner emoji for making the best of your diabetes or a hug for dealing with depression, but I am very happy to count you as one of my friends. @Hoodiegirl , I'm afraid I 100% agree with @Zhnyaka here. I was miserable when I was 14 (bullied at school) and I...
  13. EllieM

    Do you think there is enough about Type 1 Diabetes.

    Just remembered one - "The late Nancy Irving" . She has an extremely rare blood type and is kidnapped after a fake death to be a living blood bank to a rich man with same type who needs regular transfusions. In the end she injects herself with an overdose of insulin to kill him as well as...
  14. EllieM

    Insulin to carb ratio

    my pump will inject as little as 0.05 units....
  15. EllieM

    Taking care of my diabetes while I’m at my daycare

    I can empathise with the assumption that people assume that all other health conditions you have or get must be caused or related to your diabetes. (I also notice it here when people tend to assume that their new symptoms are diabetes related.) Diabetics can get the same health conditions as...
Back
Top