Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »Dismiss Notice
Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.Dismiss Notice
Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.Dismiss Notice
- Last Activity:
- Dec 6, 2019 at 1:18 PM
- Mar 2, 2016
- Trophy Points:
- Positive ratings received:
Share This Page
Well-Known Member, Female, from Darkest Essex
- FranOnTheEdge was last seen:
- Dec 6, 2019
- December 30
- Home Page:
- Darkest Essex
- Trying to stop mum from burning the house down
- Type of diabetes:
- Type 2
- Treatment type:
- Tablets (oral)
- Glucophage 500mg (Metformin Hydrochloride) x2 morning & x1 evening
- Swimming - when I can escape.
- Art and crafts: Acrylic Painting, Texture Art, Grunge Art, SteamPunk, Stencils: making, designing and using, working in Polymer Clay.
Have a collie dog, and an urge to create arty things. And a magpie disposition.
- Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
SignatureFranOnTheEdge: Artist and type 2 diabetic. Diagnosed end of Dec 2015.
On Metformin at 500mg x 2 morning, and 1 evening.
Hates: Metformin, Chillis and Coriander Leaf, Artichokes, Celery. Arthritis in all joints. Right knee worst.
Loves: Low Carb toast and butter, Instant Costa Rica coffee with whole milk, 70% cocoa solids chocolate - especially with mint But have only eaten 1" since Easter 2015.
Other loves: barely cooked B.E. frozen peas, chopped frozen spinach, Asparagus, baby courgettes, and loads more. Real Butter. My New "Veggie Deluxe Bake" recipe! And my new Cavolo Nero & Prawns dish.
Lost 2 stone 8lb since September 2015