• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by ianf0ster

  1. I

    Freezing feet

    Either Thyroid or Diabetes (causing lack of blood flow to extremities) or some other conditions can cause cold feet. It's best get it diagnosed and treated straight away. My wife has low thyroid, it was high when I met her, but she had treatment which overshot making it low now, but thyroxin...
  2. I

    I am back, I was such a fool :(

    Hi @coleyd as Pipp says an hba1c of 52 is at a level only just firmly in the diabetic levels and so there are a whole host of options as to how you wish to treat it. Mine was 53 when diagnosed, but many only got the bad news when it was already around 100. For me low carb was the way to go (...
  3. I

    What T2D meds are you on?

    I'm another diet controlled T2d . In remission for over 6yrs. Unlike most I had always ben slim and even prediabetes only caused me to gain 23lbs. However all of that plus an extra lbs came off on a serious low carb way of eating, which I then relaxed a little in order to get my weight where I...
  4. I

    BGM - what model?

    I'm another satisfied Tee2 + user. I've had mine for about 6 yrs.
  5. I

    Toe Amputations

    Hi @RGS Apparently, some people manage fine with either one or even no toes on a foot. I remember way back in my youth here was a cricketer who even played for England who had lost all but his big toe on one foot due to an accident with a motor boat propeller. Unrelated, but there was another...
  6. I

    Are You smarter than a doctor

    Not sure where to post this link to new Youtube video of Dr David Unwin interviewed by newish 'Dragon' Steven Bartlett covers t2D, obesity, metabolic syndrome, addiction etc.:
  7. I

    How much sugar ?

    Another important thing to remember is all digestible carbs raise Blood glucose, not just 'sugar' as shown by many carbs such as mashed potato having a higher Glycaemic Index than table sugar does.
  8. I

    Resistant starch - still a "thing"?

    It seems to work with some starches for some people -didn't work with rice for me, didn't try anything else.
  9. I

    Eggs rising blood sugar?

    Back before I got 'fat-adapted' meaning I still ate breakfast, I used to eat boiled eggs, 2 or 3 of them - just the eggs which either had no effect on my BG or on occasion when I was getting some DP they stopped it in its tracks so my BG started to drop.
  10. I

    Fixating on insulin is starting to annoy me!

    @LonelyFatGuy Not that it seems to apply in your case, but: for that small number of people who have a very different Red Blood Cell count than the norm, the standard HbA1C test gives invalid readings (because it is measuring the glycation of Red Blood Cells). There is an alternative test which...
  11. I

    Today's HbA1c result

    I strongly disagree, staying in remission (especially with an HbA1C as low as 33) is a great achievement - I wish it wasn't, because that would mean most people could do it - unfortunately that's not the case.
  12. I

    How much is too much? SUGAR

    You misunderstood. Although Glucose is needed for certain parts of the brain, when glucose is low (for the majority of Type 2 diabetics as well as for non-diabetics) the body can produce sufficient glucose from Fat and Protein. If you were not needing to take insulin, then the most glucose you...
  13. I

    Fasting Blood Sugar higher than after eating

    Everybody, including non-diabetics get an initial increase in BG after eating some carbohydrates because the insulin response isn't as fast as digestion of most carbs (some of which turn into glucose whilst still being chewed). This is the reason that it is bets to check BG just before first...
  14. I

    Cold with diabetes

    Merely having a cold is quite likely to raise your BG. Illness, injury, stress and lack of sleep are the main non-food and non medicinal causes of raised BG. Please note that conventional medication for a cold merely reduces the symptoms and have no effect on duration.
  15. I

    Losing faith

    No, we Type 2's are a very diverse group and can react very differently to the same food in the same quantity at the same time of day! So you should not assume that any artificial sweetener is OK for you just because it is OK for some other Type 2. Neither should you assume that you will get the...
Back
Top