• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by LiSwati

  1. L

    Dapagliflozin

    Hi everyone. Nice to hear from you and glad about your progress. I have no experience with CGMs but have read various posts in this forum related to false readings. It be worth while having it checked out. How reap was that banana? I avoid bananas from both a sugar and kidney perspective.
  2. L

    Dapagliflozin

    Wow, that’s me to a T. I am only 57 and have been worried about it getting worse the older I get. The urgency does worry me, as it’s getting more difficult to hold it, especially after sitting for a while. It seems like we all have to plan ahead. I usually drink as much as I can in the...
  3. L

    Is a treat just a treat or a dreaded paradox?

    Previously, sweeter and more delicious
  4. L

    Dapagliflozin

    This is truly awesome news. Congratulations. Have you experienced any side effects? I have read that it increases urination and can cause bladder infections in a small percentage of people. Personally, in support of my kidney health, I consume as much water as I can every day, which results...
  5. L

    Dapagliflozin

    Wow, I’ve been on this forum for 2 years now, and you’re the first person who knows my country and even visited my home town (Manzini) where I grew-up. I am honoured. Not many people know about our beautiful, small Kingdom, nestled between South Africa and the southern pit of Mozambique...
  6. L

    Is a treat just a treat or a dreaded paradox?

    I loved your response, as I do relate. I hadn’t considered the marketing angle - that’s an eye opener. I do not take ‘treats’ for the sake of treating myself, but I do cheat. I have come to the realisation that when I cheat, I justify my akrasia with the ideology that it’s okay to treat...
  7. L

    Is a treat just a treat or a dreaded paradox?

    Hi everyone. I have been thinking a lot lately about the psychological tightrope we walk when it comes to "treating" ourselves. Recent discussions on our forum reignited these deep thoughts. We’ve all heard the advice (and maybe even told ourselves) that it is perfectly fine to have a treat...
  8. L

    Does work-place sigma to diabetes exist?

    I guess this is partly why we don’t speak about it. The same way I hide my scars from a bad accident I had in 1991. Even unspoken, sympathy is evident in facial expressions. And the last thing I want, is people’s sympathies or to be seen differently. I speak freely about my diabetes the same...
  9. L

    Does work-place sigma to diabetes exist?

    This single line received more response than the intended message, to which I rightfully stood corrected as I didn’t clarify. The fruit suggestion was meant as a healthier option for all staff. Indeed, what’s healthy for one is not always healthy for another. This however begs the question -...
  10. L

    Does work-place sigma to diabetes exist?

    From when I was diagnosed 2 years ago with T2, I have not hidden it from my colleagues, and I’m not shy to say that I am diabetic; particularly in workshops and meetings, where I frequently communicate my dietary needs. Of late, I am realising that I am the only one that is open with my...
  11. L

    HBA1C results

    Hello Maggie Please don't apologize for "TMI". This is a safe space, and everything you are sharing is incredibly heavy. It is completely understandable that you are feeling overwhelmed right now; anyone of us would be with everything you have on your plate. Managing diabetes is hard enough...
  12. L

    dapagliflozin as dual benefit for diabetes & heart

    My kidney specialist (who is a cardiologist) put me on Dapagliflozin as a more kidney-friendly drug to Metformin. I am not sure what else is does but my BG levels are good, and my kidney health is improving.
  13. L

    dapagliflozin as dual benefit for diabetes & heart

    Please know that I cannot advise you what to do, particularly when is comes to medication. That’s between you and your doctor. We can only share our own experience, which members may choose to consider. I have personally improved my diabetes knowledge from this Forum and remain grateful for...
  14. L

    dapagliflozin as dual benefit for diabetes & heart

    Hello John. I am Type 2 (aged 57). I’ve been on Dapagliflozin 10mg/day for almost a year now. It was prescribed to me in support of my kidneys, as it helped reduce my Metformin from 1000mg/day to 500mg/day, with a possibility of coming off Metformin altogether soon. My kidney health has...
  15. L

    How I manage my Type 2 diabetes

    This reminds me of my recent trip to Cairo. They are famous for these pure fruit smoothies. On my first night out, I started on 1 (guava) and it was so, so delicious, I had to have another, this time strawberry. Within 2 hours, I had 4 of those delicious drinks (1 mango and another guava)...
Back
Top