Type 2 Low Carb success

corcscrew

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was Diagnosed type 2 in May 2015, much to my diabetic nurse's surprise I was told on December 15th I was no longer diabetic!!! This was just reducing my carb intake. My nurse had not heard of " Reverse your Diabetes " I have loaned her my copy. I accept this will have to be a way of life for me now but I do not starve and can have the OCCASIONAL treat.

Reactions: 8 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was Diagnosed type 2 in May 2015, much to my diabetic nurse's surprise I was told on December 15th I was no longer diabetic!!! This was just reducing my carb intake. My nurse had not heard of " Reverse your Diabetes " I have loaned her my copy. I accept this will have to be a way of life for me now but I do not starve and can have the OCCASIONAL treat.

Very well done on that.

There are several on here who have had similar experiences. Did you lose weight along the way? Did she also tell you your new HbA1c score, and has your cholesterol also improved? That quite often happens.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Congratulations :) :) :)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations, its great to hear you are no longer technically a diabetic. Keep up the good work.

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing that you can change your chances of a healthy life from very bad to very good in a matter of months by ignoring the NHS,just by changing to low carb food, something is very wrong somewhere ,maybe the next NHS scandal ,there have been plenty