Refused treatment at beauty salon..

audsital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat carbs!
I haven't been refused treatment as such but had terrible sinus pain last week and went into Boots to get sinutab, they wouldn't sell it to me because apparently but the pharmacist said all decongestants can raise blood sugars....I would have rather dealt with that than the pain I was in. She told me to steam with olbas oil or use some sort of nose wash.....that would have entertained the office. ....Whilst I think it is great that potential side effects should be pointed out....do people think we can't decide for ourselves what we can or cannot do.

Sucre Bleu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just asked my daughter who is a beauty therapist here in Australia, and also a very experienced diabetes manager, both she and her sister have cared for me thru highs and lows and very very lows- literally;) and we nly have one rule in our house, if an ambulance is called please wipe any drool from my face. This rule came into being following an unfortunate incident when I must have gone tp the fridge, grabbed an easter egg and tried to shove it down my face before passing out. Anyhoo I digress
She said in her training they do exclude diabetics from many procedures, for electrolysis it would be due to loss of sensation. She says corporate chains will have no exception rules based on covering their asses. As someone experienced with diabetes she can see the relevance of some issues but at home she cant think of much she wouldn't do to me. As my daughter she would feel nervous with someone else treating me, even cutting cuticles poorly during a manicure could become an issue. I count myself lucky, my other daughter is a chef! I have some major bases covered!

Reactions: 8 people