prostate.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It may be better to Google your question. I wouldn't think there are many experts on male oncology here.

Reactions: 2 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
.what are the symptons of .prostate cancer
ta
Initially, needing the loo very very frequently and not being able to or taking a long time to actually wee. This is a warning sign but not necessarily cancer it could just be an infection. If you have a problem then see your GP

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
It may be better to Google your question. I wouldn't think there are many experts on male oncology here.
Having nursed somebody suffering from it for two years I am quite knowledgable on this particular disease, I wouldn't say I was an expert but having read some of the stuff on Google I would only say 'see your GP'

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ta
If you want to know why you pee a lot then it could be polyuria. It could also be a lot of other things. If you have erectile dysfuntion but don't want to say then that could be caused by lots of things.
You are going to have to see your doctor.

Marvin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
This is NOT a medical opinion, but it is my experience and advice having had prostate problems myself for about six years.
My brother was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer some six years ago (by the way, he is at present fit and well!). As I was experiencing some problems of my own, I went to see my GP, and what follows is drawn from what I have learned as a result of the process of my own treatment.
Step One: See your GP: he/she will do a rectal examination (uncomfortable but brief and not painful), and probably also order a blood test for PSA (prostate specific antigen.) Most males over 60 have an enlarged prostate, which can alter patterns and/or sensations of urination, but is by no means necessarily an indication of prostate cancer - most likely simply BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia) which can be treated with medication, or, if extreme, relatively minor surgery to ease any obstruction. Most such males will also have measurable levels of PSA.
Step Two: If the PSA levels turn out to be high you will get an appointment with a consultant who will discuss the situation and what might or might not be done about it. You may be offered a biopsy, and helped to decide whether or not to have one taken. If you are offered a biopsy, and if you opt to have it, and if it shows any malignancy, then the grade of the cancer will be assessed, and possible treatments discussed. Many prostate cancers are non-aggressive and may require little or no treatment. Even aggressive cancers can be successfully dealt with if treated soon enough (my brother being a case in point).
So if you are experiencing troublesome symptoms (some or all of the following: frequent need to pee, urgent need to pee, difficulty starting to pee even when urgent, hesitant stream, inability to empty the bladder, dribbling afterwards), then keep calm but don't do the male thing and ignore it...see your GP, and you will probably find its nothing much to worry about, and there are things that can be done to help you that are not all that embarrassing, undignified or unpleasant. If, at the end of the process it does turn out to be cancer, and more extreme measures are indicated, then you'll be glad you sought help early!

buddyscott

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I wish I knew but unfortunately the only symptoms of the dangerous type occur after it's too late. Where's medical science when you need it eh? I've got the unaggressive one presently.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Having been thru a prostate reduction op last year I can add some thoughts. I would recommend the PSA test. It's not that reliable but if the reading is quite high and a 2nd one is also high then you need further investigation as cancer becomes possible. In my case the readings between PSA tests taken a year apart although low showed a small increase. My GP did a rectal (finger) exam and didn't like the shape she found (irregular) so I was referred to a urologist who confirmed by rectal ultrasound I had an extremely large prostate and also an enlarged bladder. As a result I had a prostate reduction op by laser which was totally successful and the stuff removed showed no signs of cancer. My initial symptoms of frequent urination, slow stream etc could have been due to an enlarged prostate or a cancerous one. The PSA, rectal exam by finger and/or ultrasound with needle biopsy can all help to pin down the cause. So, see the GP and when they say the PSA test is unreliable and why do you want it, just quietly insist.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Henry,
I was treated for bilateral st3 prostate cancer 12 years ago.

If you have any doubts insist your gp does a PSA test.
Have you passed blood? are you urinating often? Do you keep stopping and starting peeing.
Is the urgency worse?
Do your male relatives have/had PC.

There is no way of being sure unless you have an high PSA and then a biopsy is done.

What symptoms do you have? You could have a benign condition.
regards
Derek

ta