Fat

Watty62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Was under the impression that I got type 2.... not because I am fat it's just because of family genes ... now it's been laughed at on Jonathan Ross Show that you only get diabetes cause your fat !!! Depressed again

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @Watty62 - Err what does he know? I am not "fat"!! I would not listen to what people like him says, we on this forum who have the Diabetes know far more - we live with it day in and day out. I have had Diabetes type 2 for nearly 16 years, my younger brother has type 2, my Mother had Type 2 and BOTH my Grandmothers had Type 2 - so there is my genetic link.

Reactions: 8 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Only diabetics get diabetes!
And every diabetic is different to another diabetic.
Everybody is susceptible to any disease, it depends on so many factors.
Ignore the ignorant.

Reactions: 10 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
@Watty62

There's evidence that those who are overweight are susceptible to T2. There's also PLENTY of members here who are not and still have the condition. Genes is a huge factor as are other medical issues. Ignore it ... and what is that diet of yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was under the impression that I got type 2.... not because I am fat it's just because of family genes ... now it's been laughed at on Jonathan Ross Show that you only get diabetes cause your fat !!! Depressed again
I seen this too and complained to ofcom you should do the same its so un educated I am type one but I get embarrassed to tell people I am diabetic ect incase they think oh your diabetic u must have been fat it's a joke mocking an illness x

Reactions: 6 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is a common reaction when I say that I have type 2, many comment on me not being fat.

Reactions: 4 people

brenda walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so sad that he is back, a man with such cretinous humour should NOT be broadcasting in any media

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @brenda walker - I agree completely, he is such a horrible nasty man!:)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't see any reason to care about, or get depressed about anything said on a TV program, or written in the media.

Reactions: 9 people

zoze_j

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
People who are ignorant towards diabetes :(
Animal cruelty
People who use their mobile phones whilst driving

Argh! This SO backs up my media rant grumble I posted the other week. Jonathan bloody Woss can get in the bin! Or room 101 - I've found something to replace my retracted item with!! :joyful:
Also, what Jonathan Ross knows about anything would just about fit on the back of a postage stamp.

I totally get why you're down though. The media has such a huge impact on how the public see diabetes, well, any condition for that matter. They manipulate the facts & completely distort everything! (remember the "Bras give you breast cancer" saga?!). I get so mad when I see yet another story about how T2 is self inflicted because "the fatties won't alter their diet & cost the NHS millions". JUST. NO. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: 5 people

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Talking nonsense of course. The problem is that it perpetuates the idea. I'm a thin T2 who has never been overweight.

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Argh! This SO backs up my media rant grumble I posted the other week. Jonathan bloody Woss can get in the bin! Or room 101 - I've found something to replace my retracted item with!! :joyful:
Also, what Jonathan Ross knows about anything would just about fit on the back of a postage stamp.

I totally get why you're down though. The media has such a huge impact on how the public see diabetes, well, any condition for that matter. They manipulate the facts & completely distort everything! (remember the "Bras give you breast cancer" saga?!). I get so mad when I see yet another story about how T2 is self inflicted because "the fatties won't alter their diet & cost the NHS millions". JUST. NO. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Excuse me! But you just made fun of Jonathan Ross's speech impediment.

Reactions: 4 people

zoze_j

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
Animal cruelty
Excuse me! But you just made fun of Jonathan Ross's speech impediment.

Yup. And I make no excuses. The guy is a prize winning ass.

zoze_j

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
Animal cruelty
Double standards - no?

For a man who has made countless people miserable? I'm sure @Watty62 hasn't been the only one affected by the insensitive jerk & his ego.

So no, I don't believe it's double standards to insult a man who did this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...han-Ross-humiliated-family-obscene-calls.html

Besides, even if my flippant remark upset the guy (despite the fact his pals in showbiz call him Wossy to his face), I'm sure he won't lose any sleep over it. Unlike the victims of his perverse humour.