One year since T-2 diagnosis

MikeZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find it somewhat difficult to post my progress here. I feel that I've had a rather easy time of it and I know that others work harder with less success. I also acknowledge that some are simply unable to physically do the same things that I've done. For example; someone with back pain may not be able to take on the exercise regimes that others are able to do.

In a way I owe my success to those of you that are physically unable to climb onto the elliptical machine or whatever. How dare I NOT work at it when I am fully able? There are so many out there that would love to trade places with me, diabetes-wise.

So here are the results of my work. I'm not trying to brag or claim that it's do-able for everyone. But I AM saying that everyone should do what they can to make things better. Even if you don't succeed, knowing that you've made the effort is valuable.

Feb 2015: Diagnosed Type 2 @ 54 yrs old. 6'2" 260 lbs. Hb1Ac = 9.5%
I was in the doctor's office taking a required, (by law), physical for work and the diagnosis limited me to a 3 month certificate. Usually they are good for 2 years. After 3 months they extended me another 9 because I had my diabetes under control.

Feb 2016: I've lost 45 lbs and my most recent Hb1Ac was 5.5%. I have not had a meter reading over 5.0 in months. I quit Lipitor and Metformin last November.

Best part is my new certificate is good for 2 years!

Many thanks to this forum and it's members. I do not post much but I've read quite a lot. The insight that I've gained here has been very helpful to say the least.

Reactions: 6 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Well done @MikeZ

Not a brag at all. I am well into the same process and I know how committed you need to be. However, the results outweight the effort in the end and yours are sensational and show what can be done.

I tips me lid to ya

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done,I am still amazed that someone without any medical knowledge of any kind .me a retired bricklayer in this case.can reverse,remission ,control,what ever! diabetes,which is a deadly illness. without help from a doctor .Just by a change in what you eat, it is as simple as that,no drugs no exercise.two metal hips.we now its criminal that it is not more widely used .just to much money In diabetes

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news but you will need to keep it up. Well done in finding what works for you.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi Yes well done keep up the good work. Not surprised you wanted to post your progress, so would I if I was you. Good luck on you.:)