OMG I'M NORMAL FOR NOW!

specialk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone

Well after sounding off a few weeks back about not being able to stick to the 8 week blood sugar diet and only lasting 4 weeks on it. I decided to just cut back on the carbs and try to stick to a LCHF diet and my diabetic portion plate. Today I have just had my results from my 3 monthly blood tests and my bloods were 5.4 down from 8.5 and my cholesterol is down to 4 from 5.5. I know I'm not cured and I will always have to watch things but hey this will do me for now! feeling well chuffed!

I'm still going away for weekends and eating out but I'm trying to be careful with my food choices. I just hope I can keep it up.

Cheers

Mallins
Congratulations. Keep at it.

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I'm so pleased for you. Just keep going and watch those critical numbers continue to hopefully tumble :)

Reactions: 2 people

fobbletops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone

Well after sounding off a few weeks back about not being able to stick to the 8 week blood sugar diet and only lasting 4 weeks on it. I decided to just cut back on the carbs and try to stick to a LCHF diet and my diabetic portion plate. Today I have just had my results from my 3 monthly blood tests and my bloods were 5.4 down from 8.5 and my cholesterol is down to 4 from 5.5. I know I'm not cured and I will always have to watch things but hey this will do me for now! feeling well chuffed!

I'm still going away for weekends and eating out but I'm trying to be careful with my food choices. I just hope I can keep it up.

Cheers

Mallins
great.That is wonderful Hope you can maintain it.