what is going on with british gyms

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hello!

I can't believe it, all gyms near Basildon close at 4-6pm on weekends!!!!

what kind of stupidity is this???

people have weekends to exercise and the gyms close so early! you do your shopping in the morning, you go for lunch around 1-2pm, you rest for 2-3h and then you have time to go to gym, but guess what, they are closed!!!!

and it costs £6.5 per HOUR to have a person in the gym, which is £50 per weekend to keep their gym open (or for free if they install bars) and THEY DONT DO IT!!!!

horrible mentality

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I go to a gym in a hotel for that reason! They are 6am-9pm and open all holidays

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
chelmsford has some 24 hour gyms
and a bigger M&S too

living wage has gone to £7.20 last month as well.

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Supply and demand. Ever bothered asking them?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
My local private gym (not a chain) in Cambridge is 6am to 10pm, 7 days a week. Massive gym, loads of resistance and cardio gear, tons of space for core and free weights and all for the cost of £26 pm....I love it :)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hello!

I can't believe it, all gyms near Basildon close at 4-6pm on weekends!!!!

what kind of stupidity is this???

people have weekends to exercise and the gyms close so early! you do your shopping in the morning, you go for lunch around 1-2pm, you rest for 2-3h and then you have time to go to gym, but guess what, they are closed!!!!

and it costs £6.5 per HOUR to have a person in the gym, which is £50 per weekend to keep their gym open (or for free if they install bars) and THEY DONT DO IT!!!!

horrible mentality

I think you need to research local options more. Look at council run gyms, they are often open longer or earlier. I use council pools in London and they are all excellent.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Um. I've just done a search on Gyms in Basildon and there are definitely a few open till late at weekends.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Searching for himself seems to be a problem for this poster. Wonder why?

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never noticed before as always go in the day........ but just looked and was surprised to see my (council) gym closes at 5pm on a sat and 8pm on sun , I thought that gyms were the new pubs ,one of the reasons I work out at home these days (got fed up of waiting to use a bench etc when the people using :rolleyes: it were just having a chinwag :banghead: ) but best leave that for another thread.........:)

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
are you sure they are in Basildon??
which are these?
Try a search engine - Google is a good one - type in the search box whatever you are looking for - in this case - gyms in Basildon - amazingly you will get pages and pages of clickable links - click on one it will take you to a page that can answer your question. If the first one doesn't satisfy your curiosity try the next link until you find what you are looking for. This works for any question you can think of. I'm sure you can manage to find answers to your questions - after all you found us and seem to have a working knowledge of a keto diet that you must have learned from somewhere so I'm sure you'll soon be googling every question imaginable - hope that helps:)

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try a search engine - Google is a good one - type in the search box whatever you are looking for - in this case - gyms in Basildon - amazingly you will get pages and pages of clickable links - click on one it will take you to a page that can answer your question. If the first one doesn't satisfy your curiosity try the next link until you find what you are looking for. This works for any question you can think of. I'm sure you can manage to find answers to your questions - after all you found us and seem to have a working knowledge of a keto diet that you must have learned from somewhere so I'm sure you'll soon be googling every question imaginable - hope that helps:)

I have already done that and didn't find any that's why I got here to ask

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Website
Directions

Website
Directions

Gym4all
4.5 (7) · Gym
Eastgate Shopping Centre
01268 534421
Open until 22:00
How near are you looking to in the Basildon area. Or actually in it ? Southend on sea is about 10 miles away, from Basildon, there's Romford, Laindon, Pitsea, Chelmsford ect or west, nearer the London area ?

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have checked them all, Eversley closes early on weekends, Gym4all same

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
the only option seems to be DavidLoyds which they recently extended their times

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Or why not go to the gym first and do your shopping in the afternoon? Most of us try to look at opening times etc and then arrange our day around them not vice versa. I would like to go to footie matches at 3pm every Saturday but Sky Sports and the Premier League have other ideas.

I'm sure you will work it out. We have. :);)