Feet Treatment

dazzeur

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was told by my GP I need to take care of my feet. Keep them from cracking etc. I'm now curious, as I have never really done anything to care for my feet other than cut toe nails, what do you guys use? Any wonder creams, rituals?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I use Flexitol Heel Balm on my feet, it was recommended to me by my Podiatrist, it says on the packaging that it's safe for diabetic feet.

Reactions: 2 people

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use Scholl Dry Skin Daily Moisturiser. Whatever cream you use, make sure you don't put it between your toes.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I use whatever is on discount at the time. I've just finished a tube of Boots Intensive Foot Softener, and I'm now using a tub of Boots Deep Moisturing Foot Cream (smells nice) which was on Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price. If I don't have any other foot cream I use Aloe Vera Gel, Cocoa Butter Cream or any other cream I have.

Last edited by a moderator:

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I use ccs cream as I get very hard skin and also see a private foot lady which costs me £26 every 6 weeks. I could see an NHS one but was told thar would only be twice a year

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't see one of them as they told me that I can look after myself so stuff them as last time I had to go through my gp and that took nearly a year to see one so I just use Johnson's foot care and treatment and shower wash so that my skin doesn't dry out on my feet but the last time I saw a chiropodist is about 2 1/2 years as they don't bother with me or something like that so when the diabetes doctor asked I told him the truth and they are not happy about it but I am keeping out of the way and let them sort it out between them

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use ccs cream as I get very hard skin and also see a private foot lady which costs me £26 every 6 weeks. I could see an NHS one but was told thar would only be twice a year
Couldn't you save yourself £52 by seeing the NHS one for two of your visits?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aqueous cream BP is cheap, comes in big tubs and is what other moisturisers are based on. Don't put it between your toes as already mentioned above. The damp can give you athletes foot and a right sorry mess.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Australian heel balm is the best. I swear by it. Boots sell it but cheaper on-line.
Flexitol.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi I use coconut or aloe vera moisturiser never get any problems. Buy it from home bargains.

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
I don't see one of them as they told me that I can look after myself so stuff them as last time I had to go through my gp and that took nearly a year to see one........but the last time I saw a chiropodist is about 2 1/2 years as they don't bother with me or something like that so when the diabetes doctor asked I told him the truth and they are not happy about it but I am keeping out of the way and let them sort it out between them
I was informed by GP to see them first & if serious, they'll refer me to chiropodist, so not seen a chiropodist for a few years, but take care of my feet, washing in shower each time, also ocassionally soak my feet in soapy warm water, then rub cream into them & let them dry.