Unexpected High Number!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Yesterday before lunch I recorded a normal (for me ) bg level, and after my usual lunch I had to drive my son to Stanstead Airport a round trip that saw me behind the wheel of my car for about a 2 1/2 hour relatively stress free drive.

Later in the afternnoon I had to call the BT helpline about a broadband problem resulting in 4 calls lasting nearly 2 hours which left me at the end of my tether almost screaming at the unhelpful idiots employed by BT :evil: , if you have ever had to call the BT helpdesk I am sure you will know what I mean. :lol:

Anyway my pre diner bg level was 2 points higher than I was expecting, not a huge problem but in general my readings are fairly stable.

So I am entrigued what it was that pushed up my levels.

1.Would a long but stress free drive push them up?

2. Can losing your composure/temper push them up? I suspect this was the culprit and will try to chill when dealing with helplines in the future.

Any thoughts?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
oh yes,
when im stressed my bloods always rise , i know exactly how u feel :D

TracyA

Dislikes
Liars and ignorant people.
Thats why mine are constantly high then lol.
Stress really does push mine up,especially after being on the phone to the BT numpties!!!! :lol:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Sid some things drive you round the twist and some up the graph
Hana

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Khaleb's bs went up to 14 after a blood test at the hospital. Stress is a culprit for sure. Can also say that he dropped rather quickly later also so I am not inclined to correct these highs. That's just kids though.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Thanks for all replies, I shall endeavour to be Mr Cucumber in future dealings with the BT helpline :D

Hope you managed a little sleep last night Muhammad

victry77

Yeah, stress does because it gets all your adrenaline going. A few months ago I was involved in a very small scale charity panto type show, but even though it was small it was all very exciting. I had to remember lines, dance routines, plus help out backstage. After it was ll over my BG's were up to 15.6 :roll: