What's in a profile?

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
I often read a post and then refer to the poster's profile to determine their sex, age, years since diagnosis etc. Quite often the information is incomplete or doesnt match the information in the post. (Eg post states living with DB for over 10 years but profile states 1 year since diagnosis). It would make for a much more interesting and credible forum if everyone was to complete their profile and accurately :(

All the best - Steve.

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
Hi Bluenosesol, i agree ive done that a few times and wanted to know how long someone has had diabetes and how old they are but it says 1 year when a lot of these people have had it much longer. :?

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Keeping your profile current (and signature relevant) saves a lot of grief and misunderstanding. Go on, you know it makes sense!

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Shygirl,
I like the comment in your profile that you dislike hard to read posts. I am extremely grateful for the support and opinions of some of the experts on the forum, but they do tend to play out their intellectual battles on here and I must admit they begin to lose me at times :lol:

Steve.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Just had a look at mine and realised that it didnt give much away, so I have updated it for all you nosey whatsits :D

ShyGirl

Bluenosesol said:
Hi Shygirl,
I like the comment in your profile that you dislike hard to read posts. I am extremely grateful for the support and opinions of some of the experts on the forum, but they do tend to play out their intellectual battles on here and I must admit they begin to lose me at times :lol:

Steve.

I meant hard to understand as in using grammar that is even worse than mine! I'm not a fan of text speak as it takes twice as long to read so what is the point?!

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Egofest!?

I like that ! :D

Hi Sid,

Cracking profile - now I can tell that your avatar photograph isnt really you!! :lol:

Steve.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sid,

Notice your a guitar player, are you rhythm or lead guitarist ? Use to play the guitar myself once, not in a band just self-taught at home.

Nigel

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Bluenosesol said:
Cracking profile - now I can tell that your avatar photograph isnt really you!! :lol:

No no no no no no no no, yes, its Jim Trott the character in the Vicar of Dibley played by Trevor Peacock who incidentally wrote the 1968 Herman's Hermits hit "Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter" I'm a mine of useless information like that :lol:

noblehead said:
Notice your a guitar player, are you rhythm or lead guitarist ?

A bit of both Nigel, mainly rhythm but the last band I played in had a singer who played harp (harmonica) and slide guitar so when he sang and played harp I would play rhythm and take the lead breaks as well. Just mess around at home for fun now though :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sid Bonkers said:
A bit of both Nigel, mainly rhythm but the last band I played in had a singer who played harp (harmonica) and slide guitar so when he sang and played harp I would play rhythm and take the lead breaks as well. Just mess around at home for fun now though :)

Thanks Sis,

Sliding guitar and harmonica in the band, I am thinking country and western here................yes?

Nigel

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
I sometimes visit peoples profiles to look at some of their previous posts and often encourage newcomers to do the same with mine. It can save you a lot of time as there are very few truly new questions; chances are, on a busy forum like this one, someone has asked the same or similar question previously.

Similarly, the search button (top right hand corner of the page) is always useful. Before you ask a question, try it on the search bar first, as chances are you will find an existing thread that answers your question fully, without you even having to ask it. :D

shirleymarye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Sport !
Why do you have to ask to include an avatar? Is it vetted first or something?

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
I'd like male/female added to the avatar, as its not always possible to know by the username and would save embarrassment.
Suzi x

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Shirleymarye,

I didnt have to have mine requested or vetted but I know that there have been previous concerns about people using "dodgy" avatars, so maybe it has been introduced?.

Steve.

shirleymarye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Sport !
Thanks for the reply Steve, I just think it is nice to have something to identify people with!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
noblehead said:
Sliding guitar and harmonica in the band, I am thinking country and western here................yes?

No Blues, Blues/Rock our singer played regular guitar with a slide not a lap or pedal steel guitar common in Country music.

suzi said:
I'd like male/female added to the avatar, as its not always possible to know by the username and would save embarrassment.

Good point that suzi, I too have been confused on occasion, but then it doesn't take much to confuse me :lol: