I can't get my medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I went to the hospital and they told me they can't prescribe me because it's not a repeat prescription.

I've seen that 24 Hours in A&E and am sure they can give meds to anyone if required and not just to those with pre-existing medical emergencies.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
so the resume is that in UK in 2016, you have to die to receive treatment in less than 48h
so if you have a panic attack, you wait 48h to get medication
you sit and enjoy the whole panic attack because UK protocols do not consider that life-threatening and after 48h you are given medication to treat the panic attack you have 48h before
very nice

Good evening, can you state what medicine you so desperately need please, as it would be a great help to know what the problem actually is. If it is life threatening, 999, if not and you need expert medical advice, 111. Both of these numbers can be called at anytime.
Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
so the resume is that in UK in 2016, you have to die to receive treatment in less than 48h
you sit and enjoy the whole panic attack because UK protocols do not consider that life-threatening and after 48h you are given medication to treat the panic attack you have 48h before
very nice

Are you having a panic attack then??

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You only take medicines when your life is in danger? What kind of logic is this?
Why would anyone in 2016 would wait to suffer for 48h for a bureaucratic idiocy?

What we see as an absolute emergency, may not be seen as that to the medical profession. I found 111, very helpful and they dispatched an ambulance to my home, because of breathing difficulties, but was not taken to hospital. The paramedic, left a message for an on call doctor to get in touch (about my ongoing condition) which he did and I went to Hants doc walk in, the next day.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
very nice

A panic attack can be unpleasant, but not life threatening like a stroke or a heart attack.
Try 111.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What we see as an absolute emergency, may not be seen as that to the medical profession. I found 111, very helpful and they dispatched an ambulance to my home, because of breathing difficulties, but was not taken to hospital. The paramedic, left a message for an on call doctor to get in touch (about my ongoing condition) which he did and I went to Hants doc walk in, the next day.

I now know it is a panic attack.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I got it from the treatment I received from your beloved NHS

Members are trying to help you greener, have you called 111, or have I missed that one ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

.... Funny enough, I had cause to dial 111 when an ex had a problem. She was adamant she didn't want an ambulance so I "compromised" (it's her life.) the person on the other end of the phone could hear her wheezing as I relayed the symptoms. & an ambulance was sent anyway & she wound up in the hospital...

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My request is simple: I need to have access to any medication THE VERY MOMENT I WANT IT.
That's why in civilized countries and not in idiotic countries run by thickhead ignorant managers who want to save pennies for their fat salaries and bonuses, there are 24/365 pharmacies.
Is this so special for this **** country?

If I call that 111 number, they will give me immediately a prescription and I will get immediately the medicine I need?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
.... Funny enough, I had cause to dial 111 when an ex had a problem. She was adamant she didn't want an ambulance so I "compromised" (it's her life.) the person on the other end of the phone could hear her wheezing as I relayed the symptoms. & an ambulance was sent anyway & she wound up in the hospital...

It was a few weeks ago now when I had the sore throat, I felt so ill too and that night in question, I just couldn't breath, couldn't sleep and I was getting worried, so I rang 111 for some help and advice. They were very good.
Breathing problems can get quite serious, even though I have never had any breathing medical problems.
What did your ex have ?

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
There is something missing in this story. WShat medicine is required and what is the emergency that a doctor cannot supply for 48 hrs. There is a mystery here.:shifty:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
There is something missing in this story. WShat medicine is required and what is the emergency that a doctor cannot supply for 48 hrs. There is a mystery here.:shifty:

I have given up now, my head hurts.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was a few weeks ago now when I had the sore throat, I felt so ill too and that night in question, I just couldn't breath, couldn't sleep and I was getting worried, so I rang 111 for some help and advice. They were very good.
Breathing problems can get quite serious, even though I have never had any breathing medical problems.
What did your ex have ?

In short. She was coming down off a serious amount of "recreational" drugs.. I'd already been up all night "nursing" her.
It wasn't pretty. Basically I said the minute you loose consciousness I dial 999. Not pretty!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I call that 111 number, they will give me immediately a prescription and I will get immediately the medicine I need?

Either that. Or return you any mis-sold PPI.

Reactions: 4 people

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hahaha it's so funny that you pay billions for a horrible system that you praise yet you find a simple request so extraordinary :D

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
No if you are dead you no longer require treatment except maybe embalming.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
hahaha it's so funny that you pay billions for a horrible system that you praise yet you find a simple request so extraordinary :D
extreme sheep mentality

1) Your request is far from simple, it's baffling.
2) We don't know what the heck is actually wrong and what medication you so desperately need.

Status
Not open for further replies.