What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
6.1 this morning. Went overboard on the ice cream last night :-(

Reactions: 6 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
19/7/16 - Morning.

Reactions: 9 people

Browndoff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So THAT'S how the other half lives! It's been a long time since my BG readings were so good!
Life is very different for me since last October [first DKA in 45 years Type-1] - since then my BG seems to change randomly and VERY dramatically. It used to vary from 5 to about 10mmol/l, at most, with an insulin-pump to provide a basal-rate which used to 'work' - now my BG goes from 3.4 to 22 - without either significant change in exercise or eating anything.
As for my fasting BG - well, I was always subject to night hypos [sometimes passing out in my sleep at around 02:30!] and to the 'Dawn Syndrome' [which seemed to be a direct reaction to the night-time low - even when it had NOT gone below 4mmol/l]. Recently, I've been on CGM and now my BG is going high around 04:00 [frequently 15 to 19], dips to 4 to 7 around 07:00 and climbs again to as high as 22 around 11:00.
This morning, it went from 9 at 08:30 to 15.6 at 11:00 - in spite of having skipped breakfast [no food or insulin since 21:00 last night] AND having done some vigorous gardening.
Of course, I have tried to alter the basal-rate to cope with this crazy rise - but how far can one go in safety?

Reactions: 4 people

Browndoff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
TMV wrote:-
"6.9.... Again!
So frustrated"

Why the frustration? I understood that the medically recommended range of BG was from 5 to 7 fasting and 4 to 7 mmol/l before other meals. Why would anyone complain once the reading was within those limits? How I wish MY BG readings were within that range!

Reactions: 2 people

tmv5658

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
TMV wrote:-
"6.9.... Again!
So frustrated"

Why the frustration? I understood that the medically recommended range of BG was from 5 to 7 fasting and 4 to 7 mmol/l before other meals. Why would anyone complain once the reading was within those limits? How I wish MY BG readings were within that range!
I have been used to lower levels but was taking Gliclizade then, this has now been stopped and I am now just on Metformin but the BG levels have increased by about 1.5 per test. It's really on the high end with nowhere to go.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
5.5 mmol this morning. Heatwave here , was expecting higher :)

Reactions: 4 people

Mary_m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
6.8. Had a bad night due to the heat. Felt quite unwell during the night and had to get up to drink cool water from the fridge. Sat downstairs for an hour until I felt better, then went back to bed. Luckily I don't have to work today

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@liam1955 Hope your not going to be on Preds long term short course not so bad but long term not so good.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
20/7/16 - Morning.

6.2 - (same as yesterday).

Reactions: 6 people