Freestyle libre

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
Hi i have been put on the list for a free trial with the frees libre and was wondering if it is worth paying for sensors

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you want better knowledge of what your blood sugars are doing and can afford it....definitely. It's a real eye opener when you first get it. I think you can download an app for an android mobile so you can use your phone as a reader which will save £50 or so. No use for an iphone, knew I should have stuck with the galaxy.....

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Some hospitals give you a free reader and one free sensor and then you keep the reader and have to buy the sensors yourself.

For me, currently my hospital are giving me sensors as I have limited testing fingers.

For me the freestyle has been 100% accurate after I learnt the technique to put the sensor replacement in your arm the day before the other one is due to expire. The first sensor was inaccurate for 12 hours but everything with it has been perfect since.

I was hugely negative about the libre as I had a freestyle navigator CGM which was absolutely dire for accuracy.

I recommend the libre and if I had to I would pay for sensors.

Reactions: 4 people

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
Can't Wait for the free trial

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I'm not sure why mine have been so accurate compared to the CGM that I had from freestyle..
I know that with my Navigator **** CGM my bloods had to be stable whilst calibrating hours were in place.. Not finding tjis with the Libre.. There's no calibration necessary but just don't rely on tests in first 12 hours on your first sensor. I'm only on 3rd sensor though but the accuracy has been spot on to the contour link bloodmeter.

Gealabrador

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you want better knowledge of what your blood sugars are doing and can afford it....definitely. It's a real eye opener when you first get it. I think you can download an app for an android mobile so you can use your phone as a reader which will save £50 or so. No use for an iphone, knew I should have stuck with the galaxy.....
He can download Librelink app it is same like reader. He must be carefull because selfphone can kill sensor. Its happened to me and my sensor was after two days dead. :)

szmilka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi! Hello! I have seen today my doctor from Insulin Pump Clinic and we have decided that Abbot Free Style Libre will be the best solution for me to maintain correct glucose level. At the moment my HbA1c is too high and have no idea how to improve it as my main issue is rare glucose control, therefore I am thinking about this new system. My doctor told me is not refunded by NHS, therefore would like to know if there are some charities which could help with the purchase of the device and sensor. Do you know where I can look for help? Many thanks!